News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

FLARF 2010 countdown

Started by Auryn, October 13, 2009, 11:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auryn

87 days left until opening day.
I think we should start building up a little fervor.
I would definitely love to actually get together with some of you lovely people this year.
I've been timid about it in the past but not anymore.

So who knows they are coming to FLARF?
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Toua Taru

I know I'm excited! I never like when a faire ends because I spend all that time getting my garb ready for next season, and it never seems to come fast enough. I especially wish I had the means to go every weekend.

I think it would be interesting to meet people there from the forum, there are a lot of great characters and lovely people here on the site.

I know for definitely that I will be making my pilgrimage to FLaRF
Leave a little sparkle wherever you go

House Hufflepuff
Lady of The Eighth House

Squire Mickey

Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Duckie84

I just got an internship in Florida so will hopefully get some time where I can visit FLARF. :)
What does the color blue taste like?

beeboy

I'll be there, most likely working the same corner I've been at for 3 years now

Anna Iram

Back to working the honey booth again this year Beeboy. Sure did miss that last year.

Toua Taru

Were the Beefolk there this past year? I looked for them but didn't see the booth and I'm almost out of honey  :P

House Hufflepuff
Lady of The Eighth House

beeboy

no.  The Bee Folk were not there for the 09 season.  And I just found out they won't be there this year either.  In August 08 the owner had identical triplets, in addition to the 3 year old daughter she already had at the time.  Having that many young kids makes it pretty hard for her to travel, so she's been sticking to her staple shows (Pennsic, Maryland, Pennsylvania).  This year she's choosing not to come back again so she can revamp some of her products and whatnot.  This year, like last year, I'll be working for Capricorn Arms again.  I've been working for them almost year round

Toua Taru

Wow sounds like quite the handful there. :) Totally understandable though. I'm sure going to miss that booth, their honey is so good; suppose I'll have to order their honey online

House Hufflepuff
Lady of The Eighth House

Coffeegirl09

What weekend is everyone going? I'd too like to get together with everyone! I'm excited about this year in particular, I got my dad to go and he MAY even dress up!

Toua Taru

I'll probably be going the 3rd weekend (so the 27th)

Way awesome about getting your dad to maybe dress up  ;D

House Hufflepuff
Lady of The Eighth House

Squire Mickey

Is anyone planing on going to the Biscane Key version? With them matching the same days as BARF at FLARF, I won't likely be able to make FLARF at all  :'(

Seems really petty to me...
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Auryn

Mickey,
it is totally retarded what they did with the dates cause now I wont be able to go to BARF without missing FLARF.

Well I got my FLARF season pass for my birthday so I will be there probably every weekend.
I would love to get to meet everyone.  Anyone who sees me at faire is encouraged to stop me and say hi- dont be intimidated by my personal viking ;).

I will most definitely go to the new Miami faire at least one day- you planning on coming down??
if you are let me know what day so we can coordinate.

Toua- where are you located?? I know some local organic honey producers in palm beach county
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Anna Iram

I might make it down to Camelot. Is that the Biscayne faire you are talking about Mickey? I need to look at the dates again and figure the logistics.

Yeah, I think I posted this elsewhere, but I always made FLARF for their opening as it was one weekend prior to ours. I'll still make it out once I hope. It's a nice faire.

Squire Mickey

Anna - they are setting up FLARF basically at Virginia Park (I think) on Biscane Key for like 3 weekends before FLARF  and then moving it up to the normal site.

Auryn- Well, if we get approved to be a Vendor at BARF, I will be there everyday, and thus miss FLARF completely. Head bashing aside, I am very dissapointed as there are a HOST of FLARF playtrons and cast that I have become friends with over the last year, that sadly I will not see all season. I need to stop talking about it as its getting my boiler going again.

SOOOOOOO, my suggestion is now going to be that we bless Ft. Myers with all of our presences one weekend! It is halfway between most everyone, and I say WE TAKE IT BY STORM!!!!
Mickey Flint, Esquire
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran