News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

FLARF 2010 countdown

Started by Auryn, October 13, 2009, 11:19:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Iram

Looks like the dates are from the weekend of Janurary 9th to the weekend of the 24th. It will be a stretch for me, but I'll consider it.

Gotta ask Mickey...how is Miami half way between most of us? "cause it's over three hours from where I live... ;D Most of us and the fishies?

Toua Taru

Auryn - I'm located up in Martin County, practically a skip and a hop from PBC. I'd be more than happy to learn their location and thanks for the heads up! ;D
Leave a little sparkle wherever you go

House Hufflepuff
Lady of The Eighth House

Squire Mickey

Quote from: Anna Iram on December 29, 2009, 01:36:15 PM
Looks like the dates are from the weekend of Janurary 9th to the weekend of the 24th. It will be a stretch for me, but I'll consider it.

Gotta ask Mickey...how is Miami half way between most of us? "cause it's over three hours from where I live... ;D Most of us and the fishies?

No, no, no

FT. MYERS is halfway between Tampa and Miami...
[/size]
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran

Anna Iram

OH! LOL...duh...guess I could have read that better.  :D

Auryn

Anyone else wondering why we are less than 4 weeks away and there is still no entertainment schedule???
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Anna Iram

The whole site seems to be still under construction .  ???

Coffeegirl09

Yeah it's terrible! I check it every day...it's been under construction for a looooong time :( I really wanted to see the vendor list so that I know what I'm going to buy...how much money I'm going to spend etc... Ahh well

Auryn

well its official, Albannach will not be making an appearance at FLARF this year because they scheduled it later in the season than normal and they will already be up in PA by then.

I'm still baffled at the fact that we are 3 weeks away and there is no information up- guess they were too preoccupied with the miami show.
I still think its retarded to start a new show literally a month before the established show. You know its probably gonna be the exact same thing so whats the point of going to Miami.

I think they should have made the miami show in the fall.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Queen Maggie

Actually, The performers and many of the vendors are quite different from Miami to Deerfield Beach... and our audiences are also different. Apparently, in Miami, folks don't want to travel North.
The Producer told us last night that when FLARF was originally held 18 years ago, in TY Park, the numbers from Dade County were around 30 %... when they moved north to Deerfield Beach, they dropped to 16%... so the folks expected to come to Miami FLARF, are a totally different crowd than those expected in Quiet Waters Park.
BTW: I've worked with many of the folks performing in MIami, in the past... you don't want to miss them if you have any chance of getting down to it: Wolgemut, Owen Phyffe, The Free Lancers Jousters, Daniel Duke of Danger, the Rogues, The Lost Boys... the list continues with people I've heard of, but not yet had the chance to see.
Queen Maggie
wench#617, Bard #013
aka Mistress Mannerly, Goodlief Bailey, Cousin Undine Mannerly, Mother Lowe

Anna Iram

Looks like the site has been updated after all!
http://www.ren-fest.com/miami-pics-bios.asp

Maggie thanks for giving us the heads up. Worth the trip down just to see Owain.  :)

Auryn

Can you believe it??
Just a little over a week now
whoopeeeee

Coffeegirl09

So, did anyone go to the one in Miami? I had to miss it because I got called in to work..every single weekend!!!!! Was it good? If they have another is it worth going to????

Finnian

I didn't make it to Miami, but some friends did, looked pretty sandy! I heard it was smaller and not as good as the Deerfield faire though, but I guess it's better than nothing if you live near there and don't like to drive. :)

I woulda never been able to get the sand outta my fur. XD

Auryn

Anybody know how season passes are supposed to work??
I ordered one back in November but all I have is the computer print out receipt.
Am I supposed to be getting something in the mail or am I supposed to go claim it??
There is diddly squat as far as instructions on the FLARF page

Squire Mickey

At BARF, you take that to the window marked season pass pickup and they give you a medallion that you use as your entrance for the season...
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran