News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ladies of RenFaire

Started by Xanthenes The Unbalanced, October 14, 2009, 12:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Adolfo

ok, definitely my very favourite thread...
but where are the lasses of MDRF and BARF?
FlaRF?  Must I dig through my portraits or can we get some REAL photographers to post pics of some of our beauties?

Pinn

Well now dear Count, you have spoken up so you must post some of your pictures now.
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Jon Foster

Quote from: Count Adolfo on October 20, 2009, 10:57:06 AM
ok, definitely my very favourite thread...
but where are the lasses of MDRF and BARF?
FlaRF?  Must I dig through my portraits or can we get some REAL photographers to post pics of some of our beauties?

Start digging!

Jon.

dbaldock

I guess I need to dig out and scan the negatives I've got from Scarborough Faire, Hawkwood, and the West Texas Renaissance Festival (Abilene) in the late 90's.  I may even have a roll or two of film from a visit to the Minnesota Renaissance Festival in '96 or '97.  I know I've got shots from the North Texas Irish & Scottish Festivals in the late 90's of ladies I knew at the Ren Faires.

Earlier this year, I started scanning the negatives and slides from when I started shooting 35mm film (1977), and so far I've reached 1984.  To get to the Ren Faire shots, I'll have to jump ahead a bit.    ;)  :D   The film scanner I'm using is a Minolta Scan Elite II (2820 DPI, 16-bit Digitization), and it takes a little while to scan each group of 5 negatives, or 4 slides.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Jon Foster

David, we picked up a negative scanner (I think the same as yours) 8 or 9 years ago with a plan to scan everything... Well, it's 2009 and we are not even close to being done!  :'(

Jon.

analise

Just for you, Count, here's some from MDRF.

And some I took last year at Spoutwood:

lordwriothsley

Okay just like Count Adolfo this really now my favorite thread as well.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

(This space for rent)

Count Adolfo

Analise, I love you!
I believe I Rogued around with at least half of those girls this past season... wow, I miss MDRF!

OK, Pin'n... you've got it... I'll post a few m'self... actually... FROM MDRF... see if you recognize any faces, Analise!

dbaldock

Quote from: Me on October 20, 2009, 04:00:26 PM
I guess I need to dig out and scan the negatives I've got from Scarborough Faire, Hawkwood, and the West Texas Renaissance Festival (Abilene) in the late 90's.  I may even have a roll or two of film from a visit to the Minnesota Renaissance Festival in '96 or '97.  I know I've got shots from the North Texas Irish & Scottish Festivals in the late 90's of ladies I knew at the Ren Faires.
Take Care,
David Baldock

Well, I found three rolls of negatives from the mid-90's at Scarborough Faire (including some of the ladies from Queen Anne's Lace singing in the Scarby Madrigal Group - around about the time that QAL was founded), but I can't find the rest of the negatives.  When I put the Ren Faire photos in an album sometime around 2001 or 2002, I thought I had placed all the negatives in one or two 8.5x11 ring-binder "Sheet Protectors" at the back of the album.  They're not there (probably because of their bulk), which means I put the sheet protectors somewhere else (I thought they might be in a ring-binder by themselves - but I can't find it).  I moved to Houston in 2003, so things aren't where they used to be in the book shelves.  This apartment is only 1260 sq/ft, so there's just 2 Bedrooms and a Den with book shelves and boxes to search.  Should be easy, or maybe not.  LOL!   ;)  ;D

Take Care,
David Baldock

EDIT: Updated info about the negatives I found.
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Spanky

Some of the beautiful ren faire ladies that i've photographed

Spank'n M'Crack

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Great shots, Spanky.  Love the processing. 
(This space for rent)

dbaldock

Quote from: Count Adolfo on October 21, 2009, 05:37:26 PM
Analise, I love you!
I believe I Rogued around with at least half of those girls this past season... wow, I miss MDRF!

OK, Pin'n... you've got it... I'll post a few m'self... actually... FROM MDRF... see if you recognize any faces, Analise!

To me, it looks a bit like "blue66669", from Texas, down in the front of that photo.  And, it also looks a bit like "ZoĆ«", from Colorado, in the middle (red skirt, black top, black hair).

Take Care,
David Baldock

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

It is Blue at the bottom and Zoe in the middle.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e