News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Picture A Day 2009

Started by Jon Foster, October 18, 2009, 10:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Foster

Ok, I made note of several people with cameras at MMRF today! I know some of you took pictures. Lets get them posted for everyone to see! The weather was actually fantastic too. A bit chilled in the early morning and a bit chilled later in the afternoon. But it was perfect most of the day with the sun light showing through the tree cover and lighting up the fall colors. There were fires placed throughout the grounds so you could warm your digits before moving on to the next event or vendor. The new pub was also a pretty big hit. Lots of activity, lots of juice flowing and lots of music all day long. Towards the end of the day everyone was at the pub singing, dancing and having lots of fun.

Oh ya, the food court is great too. Too much was offered though. I don't know how you could try everything in a single weekend. And of course it all smelled too good as well.

We finally got to taste RootJack for the first time today. Damn good stuff! I'll have to invest in a private stash when the finances are a bit better off.  ;)

Having said that, here's the first shot of the day to be posted. Lets just title it RootJack.

Jon.

Jon Foster

Here's a few more... I'm taking a bit more liberty with the post processing due to the lighting conditions.

Jon.

Jon Foster

Nobody else with pictures to post yet?

Jon.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Great color, Jon.  I'd better get out there before all the leaves are off the trees.
(This space for rent)

Jon Foster

I can't believe there haven't been more pictures posted of MMRF. The last weekend there were cameras in the hands of every other person. And tons of video cameras! The last day turned out to be perfect with excellent weather and it warmed up to the point you had to find something cool to drink. I think the Rootjack booth got a lot of business. Later in the afternoon as things were winding down the crowd at the pub grew so big people were spilling out into the main pathways of the food court. At one point it seemed like a huge bash. The closing drum circle was held at the pub too. Actually, the music continued long past sundown and was replaced with a near perfect full moon...

I'm still processing my shots but here are a few more to keep things moving...

Jon.

Xanthenes The Unbalanced

Quote from: Jon Foster on November 05, 2009, 01:53:30 AM

Jon.

Great shots, Jon!  Great use of color, too.  Got absolutely flooded with project work and managed exactly zero trips to MMRF.  Still at work right now, in fact.  This will be the fourth straight weekend of non-stop video work (though, in this economy, I'm really not complaining). 

It's getting to the point where I'm kind of looking forward to my shoulder surgery in two weeks, if only for the days off which will follow.
(This space for rent)

Jon Foster

Quote from: Xanthenes The Unbalanced on November 06, 2009, 09:34:11 PM

Great shots, Jon!  Great use of color, too.  Got absolutely flooded with project work and managed exactly zero trips to MMRF.  Still at work right now, in fact.  This will be the fourth straight weekend of non-stop video work (though, in this economy, I'm really not complaining). 

It's getting to the point where I'm kind of looking forward to my shoulder surgery in two weeks, if only for the days off which will follow.

Thanks.

I'm sure we can find plenty of things for you to shoot while you are on the road to recovery.  ;)

Jon.

darkranger

Awesome job keep up the good work!!  ;D
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

Jon Foster

Thanks Darkranger. I still have a lot to finish processing.

There are tons of pictures at my main picture site too. Just go to the festivals area to skip the other stuff...

http://www.pbase.com/jfoster/festivals

Jon.

Lady Gwyndolyn

A HUGE THANK YOU to Jon for all of the wonderful pictures.  There were many many more cameras out there, I wonder where all the pictures are??  Great photo's can't wait to see more!
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Jon Foster

After a 2.5 month hiatus, I'm getting back to finishing up my back log of work...

Here's the very last shot I took as the MMRF season ended. It was actually a picture perfect ending too.

The sun set low in the sky as the music and dance ushered the canvas of the fall evening over our heads. A countless number of friends and guests spent the last remaining festival hours together telling stories and bidding farewell until they would gather and meet another day...

As you walked through the woods beginning the long journey home the full moon cast deep blue shadows lighting your way. With each campfire you passed the hypnotic rhythm of the drum line grew fainter and fainter until it was only a whisper carried to your ears on the cool crisp air saying goodbye...

Jon.