News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

An open invitatation (very dear to my heart)

Started by Sir Sebastian Phoenix, October 19, 2009, 11:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Sebastian Phoenix

Lord and Ladies.... Upon attending any day at CRF, I would like to formally invite you to the Royal Guard Drum Jam at 4 and 30 on the minstrels roost. Everyone is invited to come sing and dance along to the sounds of talented young drummers.

As many of you may not know the Royal Guard at CRF is composed of an organization called the Loftin group. It is a mentoring program for at-risk inner city youth in Greensborro, NC. As a merit for succeeding in the program the kids get the honor and privileged of protecting their royal majesties on festival days.

It is my main goal, as well as the other officers, to expose these kids to a world past the boundaries that they are normally restricted. We strive to expand the world view of these kids in every way possible.

It would indeed be my pleasure to see you there.

If you have and questions please feel free to PM me or email me at caseybroadway@gmail.com.
You can also catch me on a festival day with the guard...I'll be the guy in a black doublet, rep cape, cavalier hat, and bastard sword.
Sir Sebastian Phoenix
Baron of the Black Plains
Commander of the Bradwei Eights
Lt in their Majesties Royal Guard

Quiet One

I watched the show last year.  They were fantastic!
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

Lord Cartwright

I'm there every day, my wife is one of the dancers.

These guys are great and show a lot of talent.

The other faire I went to before moving south they had a drum jam just inside the gates near closing time and used it to draw the crowds out of the village, maybe something CRF could consider.

Malkavian

Despite attending CRF for several years I had managed to be unaware of the background behind the Royal Guard until I caught the drum jam opening weekend, was great to find that out

Lord Cartwright

For those that might not know the Royal Drummers

Malkavian

Pharmar Greybeard & Maria

great show. Sorry I couldn't stay longer, one of our group wasn't feeling well.

Femme Falchion

This was one of my highlights yesterday....great jams and fun dancing!
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

celduin

It was great fun -- drumming, dancing, and great energy!

HUZZAH!
Huzzah!

Sir Sebastian Phoenix

On behalf of myself, the cadre, and the cadets I would like to convey a HUGE thank you for those of you who join us at the Drum Jam.

For those of you who haven't had the chance to stop by please feel free to do so... enjoy the beats, dance a bit, or just enjoy these talented young men and women.

Sir Sebastian Phoenix
Baron of the Black Plains
Commander of the Bradwei Eights
Lt in their Majesties Royal Guard

shirefriar

Quote from: Sir Sebastian Phoenix on November 01, 2009, 09:51:45 PM
On behalf of myself, the cadre, and the cadets I would like to convey a HUGE thank you for those of you who join us at the Drum Jam.

For those of you who haven't had the chance to stop by please feel free to do so... enjoy the beats, dance a bit, or just enjoy these talented young men and women.

Yes! This is not to be misssed and one of the more exciting aspects to this faire (which has been a bit mundane with a few exceptions)

Tammy

I caught their performance today, and thoroughly enjoyed it!! I love drumming, and it's a treat to find it at Faire!! Huzzah!!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

RenPix

I posted some drum circle images from the weekend of Nov. 7th on my site.  You can see them in the most recent gallery at www.iflphoto.com.

*Images and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

Hibernian

Excellent pics by RenPix. So many familiar faces.

The drum jam is a fantastic time, and an effort well worth our suport.

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Nailin

They were fanstastic to see and what a great performance at the closing gate song! Hope to see them back there next year!
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894