News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fabricholism...

Started by mellingera, May 08, 2008, 07:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady L

Hey, I am not even going to try to take inventory, at this point, as it's quite hopeless.

I have so many plastic totes with fabric and scraps, I lost count. I do, however, make use of the scraps. I made lots of Barbie Ren clothes for my grandaughters. Sir R built them a Tudor mansion doll house a few year's ago. I still intend to make caparisons for the horses...and banners for the knights...um yeah.
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Hoowil

Scraps = matching pouches.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

CountessofPhoenix

I have fabric that is from the 80's and some patterns my mom sewed me in the 70's. I too am a fabricaholic who is desperately in need of a............. new cabinet in my kitchen just to hold my renaissance fabric and patterns. My quilting stuff is in the living room closet and the rest is in a tub in the garage. I have several quilt tops that need to be backed and quilted, a slew of costumes needing to be sewn and a 11 month old grandaughter that needs a sundress sewn!
I don't need to be cured though just 36 hour long days!!!!
Countess of Phoenix
Descendant of Celtic Nobility
Designer Extraordinaire
We are only limited by what we can dream

CapnFayeCutler

...I just bought 20 yards of a wine colored gauzy type cotton fabric (yay for chemise fabric) at walmart... for a buck a yard. Well, I paid 19.50 for the whole bolt so technically a little less than a dollar a yard. I have NO idea what I'll be doing with all that fabric.
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Hoowil

Quote from: CapnFayeCutler on May 10, 2008, 10:26:31 PM
...I just bought 20 yards of a wine colored gauzy type cotton fabric (yay for chemise fabric) at walmart... for a buck a yard. Well, I paid 19.50 for the whole bolt so technically a little less than a dollar a yard. I have NO idea what I'll be doing with all that fabric.
5 chemises?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

CapnFayeCutler

Hehe at least one for sure, and maybe some pillow cases (this stuff is nice & soft), maybe a sheet... Lord knows I have enough. :)
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

MistressCrowfeather

I just bought $113 worth of lovely gold silk brocade...for $15.  I posted before the crash, so I don't know how many of you read that.  It's so beautiful.  I draped myself in it and called just about every person I know.  This is why I never pass over the remnant pile.  I'm this way with beads as well.  You think, "oh, I'll use that."  But then you never do because you don't want to get rid of it or risk messing up.  lol.  I already have plans for my brocade though, so I guess I'm doing ok.

PrincessSara

I'm a fabricholic with no way to indulge my cravings.  :(  I don't make much money, and there's no fabric stores around here that sell anything worth buying, and they definitely don't have sales on anything good. (whee, a sale on lycra!)  So I end up getting all my fabric off the internets.  Is expensive.

I think I might have just found some nice cheap wool on eBay though.  ;D

Lady L

What a deal on the silk, Mistress Crowfeather!  :o
Aw, it will get better Princess Sara.
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Marietta Graziella

I really don't have that much fabric.  Unfortunately, early in my fabric buying career I had no mentor to keep me away from the Ugly Step Sisters, Poly and Eshter, so quite a bit of what I have is unsuitable (ha, rim shot!) for ren clothing.  However, now that I've had some guidance and assistance from so many knowledgeable friends on this forum, I am containing my purchases to more quailty product.  In fact, I ordered (and recieved!!) 10 yards of that 100% linen the Baroness posted about shortly before the crash.  Yummy!  Can't wait to work with that.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Sorcha

Yes!  I just received my linen too!  When get enough courage and a smidge more knowledge it is destined for the chemise for the court dress in my head.
And I too am a fabricholic.  Went to SR Harris a couple weeks ago intending to buy for friends projects.  We found more than we were looking for.  Of course.   And how did I come home with fabric for myself?!?

Lady Rae

Hi...I'm Rae.....and I'm a fabricholic!

its sad really....but i have a goal this week of at least organizing and trying to remeber which projects I bought what for....

And then...must complete costumes for thr private masked ball we are attending June 21.....

irish

Ok......you all know I have a 'problem' when it comes to fabrics, but not why I am replying here.  ;)
When do the McCalls patterns go on sale at JoAnn's? I lost my flyer!!!!!   :o
LOL!, and thanks!!
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

So glad to see this thread restarted.

My house is being overrun with fabric!!!  When will the madness stop???

NEVER!!!!  ;D
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

mellingera

Quote from: irish on May 12, 2008, 11:38:42 AM
When do the McCalls patterns go on sale at JoAnn's? I lost my flyer!!!!!   :o
LOL!, and thanks!!

McCalls and Butterick on sale at JoAnn's Thurs-Sat, May 15-17. Never fear loosing your flyer, I practically memorize it the moment it comes out of my mailbox...  ::)

You guys will be so proud of me! I finished up my latest project and didn't have all the necessary materials to start the next one and with payday a week away, no money to get them, so I pawed through the stash (quite literally, the pile looks as though it threw up all over the room) and pulled out fabric to make a bodice and 2 coordinating skirts! Happily sewing my way to an outfit entirely of stash fabrics!!! ;D