News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Trebuchet For Donation?

Started by Craigmeister, October 11, 2009, 01:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

The director of the Four Winds Faire in Texas is interested in working trebuchets if anyone has one to donate.  If it isn't too far away, I'm sure he could pick it up.  If anyone has a trebuchet they no longer use or would like to see get used frequently in public, please let me know.  Grammercy.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

escherblacksmith

hmmm, I don't think I would take anyone elses, not unless I knew them well.  Trebuchets have a lot of torque going on, if the wood gives or splits or whatever, that can make for a really bad afternoon.

--

Craigmeister

Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

escherblacksmith

As a side note, I was going to say that if you had a decent carpenter/woods guy, they could determine if the wood was in good shape.  But, frankly, if you had one who could do that, they could build one.
--