News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

List of trusted online garb shops

Started by TKM, October 26, 2009, 02:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady D1

I would like to suggest Frankie of the Well Dressed Lady on ebay.  

I have purchased several different items from her.  Unfortunately, my first purchase, an Irish Overdress, did not fit like I wanted it.  Frankie took it back without question and worked with me to get exactly what I wanted and made sure it would fit properly.  I also ordered two cotton skirts directly from her as I needed a couple more colors.  Quality of the sewing is great!   The last thing I got from her was a bodice for my 11 year daughter.  Wish was to have something in purple and black that she could wear now and for a couple more years.  The bodice is exactly right and my daughter loves it!

http://stores.ebay.com/renaissancecouturebywdl

Don't delay, taste a tart today!

Lady Isabella

I have got some items from her. Good quality. I even met her at AZRF. Super nice. You will be happy. I was.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Catharine

When your court gowns are available..I would love to peruse..I have something in mind I would love to have made.
gramercy!
'A feast is made for laughter,
and wine maketh merry'

Lady Catharine

and wine maketh merry'

Lady Isabella

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Lady Catharine,

Ii checked my yahoo mail and there was no mail. Checked the Private message here and nothing. Click reply to your Private Message and that should work.  Thank you!!!

Lady Catharine

Thank Thee...I had to look a further then me nose:)
and wine maketh merry'

Endestroy

www.theinnerbailey.com/

Lots of leather stuff: belts, frogs, pouches, hats, etc.

I purchased three items from them and they were absolute top notch and shipped on the day I was told they would.

Rowan MacD

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Lady Kathleen of Olmsted on September 17, 2010, 08:46:14 AM

I am finally up and running...http://www.customdesignsbyladykathleen.com/index.htm

Who's that cute couple in the upper left side?   lol

Guess we all get our 15 minutes of fame!     ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

The Wee Wench

I would just like to add my two cents about online garb purchasing and the issue of measurements.  Any vendor who doesn't request a torso measurement of some kind (my method is a bit unorthodox but works perfectly for me), should raise a red flag.  I'm the proprietress at Faire Finery and have made hundreds and hundreds of bodices over the last six or seven years, and I can tell you this measurement is critical to getting a well-fitted bodice. 

If your merchant doesn't ask for this measurement, I would suggest finding another merchant.
-Nicki-

Rowan MacD

I visited Castle Garden creations site (they are finished with my latest gown and farthingale and will be mailing it today) 
  Sadly, I see this notice.....

"We will be pulling up the drawbridge and closing the portcullis to Castle Garden Creations on April 1st. We would like to thank our many customers over the years, who have been like family to us. If you have any questions for us, or have any other need to contact us, please do so at castlegardencreations@hotmail.com."

Affordable and lovely work.   
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

That is sad to hear, Rowan. Their designs have been ideas for my Custom Garb fr several projects, with tweaking here and there to make things different.

Delireus

I've been trying to work on my boyfriend's first set of garb. We ordered him a shirt from Renshirt and it's great! We also ordered him a pair of black scrub pants from a scrub store and they are huge, but I guess we measured wrong.

Anyways, we also ordered a renaissance pirate open tunic from Majestic Velvets (http://majesticvelvets.com/pubrdr.html). I had read all the bad reviews about custom orders, or even just bad orders in general, so I was worried, but he loved it and we decided to go ahead and get it.

This tunic has a gold and black brocade on the front, but reading closely, I realized it had a black velvet back. This tunic also comes with velvet pants for 95$, for both. I emailed the site and asked how much it would be if we got the brocade on the back as well, and did not get the pants, he didn't want them. They replied and said that if we took the pants off the order and made the back brocade, the price would be the same, 95$. He liked that idea so we ordered it, along with a leather ring belt.

We got the order very quickly, it took about a week for them to make it and ship it, and he really likes it. The edges are hemmed and surged, I don't think they will come unraveled for a very long time, if ever, and it fits well. The only problem I see is that it's very square, so the shoulders are boxy. The gold and black matched a pirate coat I have from a different vendor (Damsel in this Dress), so he's excited about that as well.

I was so nervous about the whole thing though, because of what I had read here. But, everything turned out to be alright, which I am very glad about. I don't think I'll order anything else from them, just because I don't want anything else from there, but we're happy with our order.
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is