News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Closing Day Huzzahs!

Started by Steev, October 26, 2009, 06:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steev

I think Sunday was perhaps the best day I've ever had at faire.  Despite the mud from Saturday's storms, the weather was sunny and crisp.  The crowd was friendly and easy to interact with.  Many awesome Day of Wrong ensembles (hats off to the kilted stormtrooper and points for cojones to the Michael Jackson...), many memorable performances, notably Hilby's last show and the Aerial Angels in the dark as the crowd filed out.  I got to meet Ryan Laesk in person, looked for but didn't find Will Paisley and Lumpy, saw the Pyrates Royale at the White Hart...

I'm still riding high but waiting for the depression to hit me.  Let me know if anyone is planning a Yule feast this winter!

See you all next year, perhaps at VARF first.  And get in contact with me if you are interested in the Eastern Shore Renstock- I'll post an address and directions if/when there is enough interest to justify the event.
Born too late.  But not too late for faires.

will paisley

Quote from: Steev on October 26, 2009, 06:20:54 PM
I think Sunday was perhaps the best day I've ever had at faire.  Despite the mud from Saturday's storms, the weather was sunny and crisp.  The crowd was friendly and easy to interact with.  Many awesome Day of Wrong ensembles (hats off to the kilted stormtrooper and points for cojones to the Michael Jackson...), many memorable performances, notably Hilby's last show and the Aerial Angels in the dark as the crowd filed out.  I got to meet Ryan Laesk in person, looked for but didn't find Will Paisley and Lumpy, saw the Pyrates Royale at the White Hart...

Looked for you as well.  I looked a bit different on Sunday - much of the time I had on my sandwich board, doing penance for cheating on the O'Danny Girls (you wave one plushie sea lion during Swing a Cat and you're branded for life), and I had on pink breeches for the Bramage family reunion (I'm also known as Master Liver Bramage).  If you made the 12:30 show at the White Hart, Kat Fairbanks was calling my name from on stage (silly girl, being indiscreet was how we got in trouble in the first place).
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Capt. Morgan

Once again I'm overwhelmed at the outpouring of fellowship and laughter and joy MDRF provides for our close of "Faire Season" and yet, I shouldn't be...why else would we choose your Faire to bid adieu to our Season? The rain and mud was nothing to we seasoned GLMF-ers to be sure!  ;) And Sunday? It may have been "The Day of Wrong"...but it certainly was a wonderful Day of Right to be with you all! What still amazes me (and tell me if this is "typical")...upon leaving around 4PM on Sunday there were lines upon lines waiting to get tickets to come in and driving down the main road to get to Faire...the traffic had to be backed up more than a mile! I would think that residents would know to avoid this route like the plague if they needed to be somewhere else other than Faire so...it is common to have that many people streaming into Faire on the last day with only 2-3 hours left to enjoy the Faire? I wouldn't be surprised!

Till we all meet again, Safe Journey my friends!

((HUGS))

Captian Morgan and Dwyn
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Master James

Yes on a final day or any day that is nice for that matter, people buying tickets at 4 in the afternoon is pretty normal along with the traffic.  It was great to see you again and hope to see you again soon.  Glad you enjoyed yourself!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

I'm so sad its all over, but I would like to say to all my local faire friends and ALL the ones that travel from afar to visit us THANK YOU sooo much for making this the best season for me. It has been so much fun and none of it could happen without each and every one of you,I love all of you guys and can't wait till 2010 to see you again! Stay safe.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

will paisley

Quote from: Capt. Morgan on October 27, 2009, 09:55:55 AM
Once again I'm overwhelmed at the outpouring of fellowship and laughter and joy MDRF provides for our close of "Faire Season" and yet, I shouldn't be...why else would we choose your Faire to bid adieu to our Season? The rain and mud was nothing to we seasoned GLMF-ers to be sure!  ;) And Sunday? It may have been "The Day of Wrong"...but it certainly was a wonderful Day of Right to be with you all! What still amazes me (and tell me if this is "typical")...upon leaving around 4PM on Sunday there were lines upon lines waiting to get tickets to come in and driving down the main road to get to Faire...the traffic had to be backed up more than a mile! I would think that residents would know to avoid this route like the plague if they needed to be somewhere else other than Faire so...it is common to have that many people streaming into Faire on the last day with only 2-3 hours left to enjoy the Faire? I wouldn't be surprised!

Till we all meet again, Safe Journey my friends!

((HUGS))

Captian Morgan and Dwyn

Sorry I missed you - the last day was like a whirlwind, and there was all manner of things I ended up missing (such as the wench slide, with His Highness catching the wenches at the end of the slide)

I'm very sorry that you weren't able to make Pub Sing on the final day.  Darcy gave one of the most beautiful performances of The Boatman that I've ever heard in my life, and King Henry gave a salute to Soupy Sales that generated the loudest crowd noise (or noise of any kind) that I have ever heard in my life.

And the rain was nothing to you GLMFers? Remind me not to come visit you without a wet suit and an extra tank of air.  I'm a survivor of VARF 2003 held *in* Lake Ladysmith (not to mention one Sunday in Roanoke when I thought the tent I was in was about to reenact the tornado scene from The Wizard Of Oz), and Saturday was still too wet for me.  I watched Pub Sing from behind a makeshift shelter cobbled out of a bench and an umbrella, and I think my shirt is *still* soaking wet.

Glad you could come and enjoy our faire.

RSLeask

The final day was the best, and the hardest at the same time.  Knowing this was my last day as a regular at MDRF, which in actuality will always be my "home faire" as it was the first that I've spent nearly an entire season going to.  The friendships I've made, the wonderful times I've had with you all, I'll always hold dear to my heart.  Of course, being the wayfarer I portray, I will be back on the occasional weekend.  It still is not quite the same.  I had my emotional moments as well, tearing up during pub sing.  But it was a great end to a wonderful season.

Favorite moments of this last weekend, the "Cuddle Puddle" at the Dragon, complete with pictures.  Son of Strum changing the lyrics of "Lighthouse" midstream, to be "Let the light of the White Hart shine on me" (which, pure coincidence, was what I was already singing... like I said, I got a little emotional >.> ), helping to direct the privy traffic (which can be a bit of fun in its own right), and all the hugs and handshakes from the people who I've spent a great past 9 weekends with.  Special mention of the "And we're black!" bit during the Interpreters' unscripted 4:30 show.  XD

I don't know when yet, but whenever it is I make it back, I look forward to seeing you all again.  Blessings and good fortune to you all through the year!
What's a Grecian Urn?  Are we talking union, or non-union?

Capt. Morgan

Ahhh...my dear Will...you can only get so wet and the rest runs off! LOL! I think GLMF this year had rain every weekend (save for maybe 1). We are very used to finding "higher ground" (oddly enough near the Pubs) as we watched  the streets turn into rivers suitable for white water rafting tho' I have to say, things seemed to drain off a bit better at GLMF than the muck and mire spots at MDRF. Of course, all the water drained toward the Jousting field so I guess we shouldn't have been surprised that they were doing Water Polo down there...LOL! Actually...it wasn't that bad but we did have our fair share of rain and tremendous lightening and thunder claps! As for wind...that would have to be last year at ORF when we endured the backlash of "Gustave" and they closed the Faire due to high winds and horizontal corn stalks...not to mention all the power had been knocked out from Cinci to Columbus and beyond. I know I like the concept of "Medieval/Renaissance"...but staying at a motel that has no windows capable of opening and no power did make it for a rather archaic night. Thank the Gods Mehan and Ewan come prepared with extra food and libations as every place was closed that could provide a repast! Ahhh...but it does make for interesting stories!

Rain or shine, wind or naught...as long as you are with friends...the day is always fair at Faire!!

Counting the days until our Season begins once more!!!
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Amras Elfwine

Just woke up from a lonnnnnnnng nap...is the faire over...did I miss it?  8)
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Master James

Nah didn't miss a thing!   ::)
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady_Glorianna

I know it's been a while but under the circumstance, hey gimme a break! Thanks to all for your love and support for Ron and for myself. Thanks for all the love, memories, toasts etc. I know that wherever he is, he is very grateful for all of it and for your cares for me. Besides my fellow castmembers, you helped me to get through this season and you have my sincere thanks!
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

will paisley

Quote from: Lady_Glorianna on November 06, 2009, 12:44:45 PM
I know it's been a while but under the circumstance, hey gimme a break! Thanks to all for your love and support for Ron and for myself. Thanks for all the love, memories, toasts etc. I know that wherever he is, he is very grateful for all of it and for your cares for me. Besides my fellow castmembers, you helped me to get through this season and you have my sincere thanks!

Hey, my facebook status is *still* a reference to MDRF, and I have yet to send my EOF thank yous to two acts (plus I've still yet to burn a special Day At The White Hart compilation CD for the car).  I've got enough memories (plus photos, plus video) to ramble on for another month at least.

Great seeing you at faire.

SleepyArcher

I had a blast with all of you! I already told my wife I want to come back this year and I want her to come to. (She isn't to fond of Fondlebottom  ::))

Thanks for all the fun.
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

oh please come back this year,we will take very good care of your wife,she doesn't have to hang with Fondlebottom. ::)
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Master James

Quote from: SleepyArcher on January 25, 2010, 04:33:32 PM
I had a blast with all of you! I already told my wife I want to come back this year and I want her to come to. (She isn't to fond of Fondlebottom  ::))

Thanks for all the fun.

Tell her she can dress as a man and join my wife while we prance about!  ROFLMAO!!!!
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
FoMDRF
RFC #51