News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Missing a dear friend...

Started by Lord Clisto of York, October 27, 2009, 01:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Clisto of York

Five years ago last Thursday, October 22, 2004, a very close friend of mine passed away. His name was Jason Cope, but many knew him as "Ulfgrin the Mighty", a Viking, at renaissance faires. And, although it has been that long, it still feels like yesterday to me. I know people say it is suppose to get better over time, but for some, what does better really mean? He is greatly missed, and I needed to put this out here to help me heal another day, as well as so others could get to know of him just a little, and for those that did, can also remember. There isn't a day for me that goes by that he isn't thought of, and that emptiness filled. He was not only a good long time friend, but, we were closer then me and my own brother. It has been very hard for me, but with strength I get through each day. And, I believe that that strength comes from him. Thank you Jay.

"JASON W. COPE, otherwise known to many of us as Ulfgrim, age 39 years of Hebron,Indiana, passed away on Friday, October 22, 2004. He was a graduate of Hobart High School, Class of 1983. Jason received his Associate of Arts Criminal Justice degree from Indiana University Northwest, his Bachelor of Science degree in Secondary Education from Indiana University and his Master's degree in English from Purdue University Calumet. He was a former Hobart Police Officer. Jason has taught English at Portage High School since 1990. He was known for his love and knowledge of the Medieval Era, especially Norse or Viking history. He was an animal lover and was very active in dog rescue. Jason was a very good man that was high spirited in everything he did. He was a man of Honor, Respect, Integrity, Loyalty, and Friendship. He made life fun for everyone around him. But most of all, he is known to us for his wit and strong presence at faire."

To see more pictures of Jason, go to the link below on my website in the Rennie Memorial -

www.sirclisto.com/gone/jas1.html

He is greatly missed. See you in Valhalla, my brother!!

Lord Clisto, Duke of York
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished