News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MidWinter Exchange

Started by Dinobabe, October 27, 2009, 01:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinobabe

1. Favorite Color:
2. Hobbies:  
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:
4. One interesting fact about yourself:
5. Favorite Movie/Book:
6. One word to describe you:
7. Anything else you wish to include:
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum:
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?
13. Favorite Music:
14. Things I collect:
15. Briefly describe your character:

The sign-up deadline will be Monday, November 23th.  That way you can utilize the Thanksgiving holiday sales!  

RULES:
Please post the responses to the questionnaire here on the forum (and if you can think of anything else that would be helpful, please do add it!  We can never know TOO much...well, wait, I suppose we actually could...but you know what I mean  Wink ).  Then please pm me your forum name, real name, and mailing address.  

Deadline to mail gifts out will be December 16th (that is a Wednesday, so that people should have them in hand before whichever holiday they choose to celebrate (remember, Festivus is on the 23rd this year...and every year).  Don't feel like you need to spend a small fortune!  I know this year has been rough for a lot of people financially.  As always, the minimum price is a stamp and an envelope.  In the past, people have received books, faire accessories, faire favors, CDs, DVDs, calendars, all kinds of beautiful hand made items...be creative!  

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE (I cannot say please enough on this one!!!), if you think there is a chance that you will not be able to afford to do this, do NOT sign up!  Wait until May when we start our Midsummer Exchange again.  It is not fair to the person who is waiting for a gift to have their secret gift fairy back out at the last minute.  I *do* understand that sometimes unexpected situations happen after you have signed up...if that is the case, just let me know, and I will get your person rematched.  But if you are expecting to be a little short on dough this year, please do not sign up!  
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Pinn

1. Favorite Color: Purple/ Hunter Green
2. Hobbies:  Sewing
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: Rings and earrings, nickle free
4. One interesting fact about yourself:
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Nora Roberts/J.D.Robb
6. One word to describe you: Quiet
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: Too many to list
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) No known allergies
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Ocean/Rain
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? NCRF, CRF, VARF, TNRF, KYHRF, MDRF and ORF
13. Favorite Music: Any faire type music
14. Things I collect: Dragons
15. Briefly describe your character: M'Crack
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Dinobabe

1. Favorite Color: Inferno Orange Metallic (the color of my Chevy Colorado!)
2. Hobbies:  Faire, geology, outdoors stuff, crafting, painting, sewing
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: just hair wrap jewelry
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I am a very creative person
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Lion King/The Life of Elizabeth I
6. One word to describe you: Eclectic
7. Anything else you wish to include: I finally got back into Faire last year.  I REALLY missed it!  I would love to own a booth or be on cast.  I would also love to learn sword fighting.
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes, thanks to the last midsummer exchange
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) None
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Earthy and clean
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? TNRF, Bristol
13. Favorite Music: Celtic, Bluegrass
14. Things I collect: rocks, fossils, Lion King stuff, junk that I think is cool!
15. Briefly describe your character: My name is Anastazia Desmond McCallasdair.  I was born into a merchant family but married the son of a Viscount.  We became privateers together.  I am an excellent gunner.  We visit court occasionaly with gifts from our journeys for Her Majesty.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Blue66669

Count me in again!

1. Favorite Color: Black/Red
2. Hobbies:  
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I love pewter jewelry, and I wear rings, necklaces, and earrings. Mostly silver and pewter, any stones are either black or red.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I have never seen most of the Monty Python movies.
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Nightmare Before Christmas/Twilight series
6. One word to describe you: bubbly
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: LIke, almost everyone LOL. Most of the Texas Rennies, a good number of the Florida Rennies, and anyone unlucky enough to cross my path in between.
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yeppers!
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) Nope!
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Sandalwood, Rose, and Patchouli
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? TRF, BARF, Scarby
13. Favorite Music: Manson, E Muzeki/Wine and Alchemy, anything 80's
14. Things I collect: Nightmare Before Christmas ANYTHING
15. Briefly describe your character: Warrior Empress and Pirate, not your average lady...
Blaidd Drwg

Auryn

Thanks Dinobabe for organizing this :)

1. Favorite Color:Blue, Silver, Red
2. Hobbies:  Leather working, sewing, baking, herbology, archery
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: Iwear mostly rings necklaces and little hair pieces, no gold, any stone.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I speak 4 different languages
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Lord of the Rings series and Never ending story (books and movies)
6. One word to describe you: unusual
7. Anything else you wish to include: I definitely live to the beat of my own drum and don't follow the status quo. I am studying druidism as a personal life path.
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  No
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you), none that I am aware of
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) jasmine, cotton flower, ocean, vanilla, lavender
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? FLARF, BARF
13. Favorite Music:Scottish Celt, "New Age",Goo Goo Dolls, Linkin Park
14. Things I collect: Celtic Dragons (not asian dragons), fairies and elves
15. Briefly describe your character: A female archer/ranger, half elf half human. Owes no allegiance to any political ruler. My other character is a female pirate captain with a bad habit of challenging anyone who doubts her capabilities. Both of them like to wear lots of steel about their person.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

BubbleWright

;D ;D ;D HUZZAH!  One more time! I have already been shopping for Exchange Stuff...

1. Favorite Color: Dark Blue
2. Hobbies: Kite flying, making bubbles, bicycling, RC ships, tinkering, collecting (DVDs, die cast autos & airplanes, 1950's-60's       
    radios) 
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: none
4. One interesting fact about yourself: Profiled in the book Friends, Neighbors & Folks Down The Road, a collection of 58       
    stories about interesting (and/or strange!!) people in Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland.
5. Favorite Movies: Lawrence of Arabia, The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951), Casablanca, The Train (1964), and Jaws           
               Books: The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, The Five People You Meet in Heaven
6. One word to describe you: Unique
7. Anything else you wish to include: a collection of bubble videos of things I have done over the years-
               http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3109484122483269293#
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum :
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes
10. Food Allergies?? Don't laugh... Turkey. Also, I'm diabetic... no sugar
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Lavender
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Home- PaRenFaire, Visit- MD Renaissance Festival and many one day/weekend 
     events.
13. My Character: A tinker who has built a hand operated bubble machine to entertain nipperkin and adults alike.
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Chuck'n M'Crack

1. Favorite Color: Blue and hunter green
2. Hobbies: Leather working, collecting Dale Earnhardt memorabilia and Johnny Lightning classic cars
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: Yes earring studs and watches - silver
4. One interesting fact about yourself: Former military/disabled veteran
5. Favorite Movie/Book: The Green Berets/Seal Team Seven
6. One word to describe you: flirtatious
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: there are too many to name
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) Coconut
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Sandlewood, rain and ocean
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? CRF, NCRF, VARF, KYRF, MDRF and ORF
13. Favorite Music: Classic Rock and rock
14. Things I collect: Dale Earnhardt memorabilia, Johnny Lightning cars
15. Briefly describe your character: Irish Fighter

Lord Kelley of Screen
Son In Law
Son-in-Law to Laird Guard'n
IBRS #1554 Landshark #102
Captain Of The Guard (R.A.G.G

CapnFayeCutler

Love Exchange Time!

1. Favorite Color: Blue & Green
2. Hobbies:  Geology, Nintendo, Drinking!, Ren Faires, Hiking, Camping
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: Yes please! Silver! Ring size - 8
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I have a massive collection of rocks/fossils from all over the country.
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Movie: Forrest Gump / Book: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (all 5!)
6. One word to describe you: Spontaneous
7. Anything else you wish to include: Hmm, not really. I'm pretty easy going.
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: WOW! Okay, IRL: the M'Cracks, Ettes/Teers, the ORF, KYHRF, & TNRF folks, and my peeps in Texas (DS, EloquentX, Green66669 and Blue66669!
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Several, thanks!
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) Just no King Crab. :*(
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) - Citrus and Fruity scents. Nothing TOO floral.
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? TNRF, KYHRF, ORF
13. Favorite Music: Rock n' Roll!
14. Things I collect: Rocks, Jewelry, Bad Habits... ;)
15. Briefly describe your character: She's a lot like me, and if you know me then you know her. :)
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

irish

1. Favorite Color: Greens
2. Hobbies: Sewing, Ren faire, Walks, Photography
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: pierced earrings, anything Celtic
4. One interesting fact about yourself: Very creative
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Shakesphere in Love or Elizabeth
6. One word to describe you: Flirty  ::)
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: SterlingFan,Tygrkat,Lady Amy of York, Sir Douglas of Waterbury
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) none
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Musky smells
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Sterling  ;D
13. Favorite Music: All except for Hip/Hop or Rap
14. Things I collect: "Phantom of the Opera" (the play not movie) music boxes,,,heck anything to do with it!  :D & Dragonflies!
15. Briefly describe your character: A little Celtic wench....hahahaha!  ;)
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Tammy

1. Favorite Color: blue, earthy tones
2. Hobbies:  cross stitching, reading, listening to music, reading this forum!, anything Ren Faire related! Addicted to the internet!
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I prefer silver, I wear all the above. Ring sizes are 8 1/2 and 9
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I love anything to do with faeries.
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Too many to list...I like romances based in historical fact. Love the Twilight series (glad I'm not the only one!!)
6. One word to describe you: different (in most circles...probably a little normal around here though ;) )
7. Anything else you wish to include: I'm pagan (I know religion isn't an allowed topic, but it's a HUGE part of who I am)
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: I've met Eric the Ugly at GaRF, but I've been too shy to speak to the other people I've recognized from here.
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Not yet, I really want one...just haven't had the extra funds to order one.
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you): Nothing food-wise.
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.): lavender, vanilla
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?  CRF is my home faire, I've been to GaRF, and plan on going to MANY others!
13. Favorite Music: Celtic, Folk, Country, Rock
14. Things I collect: anything Faire related, faeries, celtic knotwork on anything, anything with raccoons on it!
15. Briefly describe your character: wench, gypsy, pirate, faery ...In real life I'm a bit of all, for Faire I'm trying to build garb for all the above.  
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

This is a dumb question but I assume anyone can sign up, right?
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

ArielCallista

I'm super excited about this!

1. Favorite Color: teal, purple, neon orange, pretty much anything bright!
2. Hobbies: sewing, drawing, wandering the internet, pretty much anything creative
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I ALWAYS wear jewelry! Usually more childish ...I don't really do gold.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I'm a fashion design major and I plan to go into costume design (moving to cali after graduation)
5. Favorite Movie/Book: long list...heres the important stuff books:anything by Terry Pratchett movies: Moulin Rouge, Big Fish, Sweeny Todd, anything with Jay and Silent Bob. Basically fantasy and comedy...
6. One word to describe you: random
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: EloquentXI
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  sadly not yet but I will try to get one by Rendevous!
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) nuts, seafood, strawberries
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) fruity things, not a huge fan of flowery scents
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? home faire=Scarby...visited TRF and GARF before
13. Favorite Music: lol pretty much anything besides country and rap, unless its nerdcore (frontalot.com go now!lol)
14. Things I collect: Snow White stuff!
15. Briefly describe your character: My main:Ariel Callista (hence the forum name) a bellydancer, washed up on the decks of the Good Ship William Bruce and now I serve as "on board entertainment" haha other: Nym, a fairy...a bit of a stalker and a succubus, you can blame Greg for her existence

for anything else check my facebook, http://www.facebook.com/jamie.a.wilcox
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

Peddlin

1. Favorite Color: The rainbow
2. Hobbies: Faire, Travel, Playing with friends
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: some - rings, gold chains
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I like to think I am adventurous
5. Favorite Movie/Book: The Princess Bride, The Second Son
6. One word to describe you: Unique
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: Lots and lots
9. Do you have an R/F pin? Yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) Diabetic
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Nothing too sweet or fruity
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? BARF,TNRF, VARF, MDRF, ORF, CRF, and on and on
13. Favorite Music: My son's
14. Things I collect: People
15. Briefly describe your character: Honest, open, kind and married to Guard'n M'Crack. What else needs to be said?

The sign-up deadline will be Monday, November 23th.  That way you can utilize the Thanksgiving holiday sales! 

Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Ginette

1. Favorite Color: Blue, red, black
2. Hobbies: crafty stuff, loom knotting
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: ear rings & necklaces
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I really like the Twilight Series
5. Favorite Movie/Book: movie: Nightmare before Christmas/book: To Kill A Mockingbird
6. One word to describe you: spastic
7. Anything else you wish to include: I've started getting into fairies and pixies
8. those who know me IRL and on the Forum: I'm Ginette on the forums
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yep
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) no allergies
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Sea Island Cotton and Sandalwood
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? TRF Texas
13. Favorite Music: country
14. Things I collect: post cards, skull and cross bones
15. Briefly describe your character: I don't have a character but would love one.
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Celtic Lady

1. Favorite Color: dark greens, copper, earth tones

2. Hobbies: music, crafts, digital photography (beginner level), faire

3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: yes... rings (size 8.5), necklaces, earrings

4. One interesting fact about yourself: i used to raise pet rats

5. Favorite Movie/Book: comedies, fantasy, Disney, some dramas

6. One word to describe you: quiet

7. Anything else you wish to include: Christmas is my favorite holiday, i love Arabian horses, i love hot cocoa and hot teas, i love being out in the country/woods enjoying nature, i enjoy the true finer things of life... family, friends, nature, and laughter

8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: Sir Morgan... my husband

9. Do you have an R/F pin?:  yes

10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you): no

11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.): cinnamon, apple, forest scents, Christmas scents

12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?: Des Moines and MIRF

13. Favorite Music: country, oldies, rock, celtic

14. Things I collect: recipes, breyer horses (mostly Arabians), snowglobes,

15. Briefly describe your character: I don't really have one but if I did she'd be like me... gentle, quiet, shy, sweet, down-to-earth...