News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MidWinter Exchange

Started by Dinobabe, October 27, 2009, 01:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic Lady

Quote from: Lady Everclear on October 28, 2009, 07:55:11 AM
This is a dumb question but I assume anyone can sign up, right?
NO, it's not a dumb question. Yes anyone can sign up.
QuotePLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE (I cannot say please enough on this one!!!), if you think there is a chance that you will not be able to afford to do this, do NOT sign up!  Wait until May when we start our Midsummer Exchange again.  It is not fair to the person who is waiting for a gift to have their secret gift fairy back out at the last minute.  I *do* understand that sometimes unexpected situations happen after you have signed up...if that is the case, just let me know, and I will get your person rematched.  But if you are expecting to be a little short on dough this year, please do not sign up!

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

OK!  ;D

1. Favorite Color: Hmmm, well I like Green/Purple, and I like Red/Black/Gray
2. Hobbies: Faire, reading, photography, writing, traveling, playing my clarinet.
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I love rings the best of all, I can wear anywhere between a size 10 thru 12. But I do like necklaces. Silver is a preferred metal.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I used to be an active Girl Scout, and am currently a lifetime member of the organization.
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Too many to count! But at this very moment, I'm re-reading and watching the Harry Potter series.
6. One word to describe you: Unique.
7. Anything else you wish to include: Nothing I can think of right now . . .
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: Oh wow . . . Maeve McMayhem, Capt. Faye, Lucy, Lady Lissame, Windchime, Sir Jim and Lady Helen, jinx . . . there are more but there are quite few . . . .
9. Do you have an R/F pin?: Yup, yup!
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you): Lol, unless it's made with cough syrup, then no.
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.): Mmmmm, sandalwood, patchouli. Anything fruity, nothing "warmly" scented like vanilla, cinnamon, and such.
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?: ORF is my home faire but I do also go to KHRF and next plan to travel to a few more.
13. Favorite Music: Nothing really comes to mind specifically. I have an eclectic collection. I love musicals though!
14. Things I collect: Daggers, faerie statues, vampiric novelties.
15. Briefly describe your character: She's a wandering pirate . . . known to many, affiliated with none. Wears a collection of her travels in the form of the many necklaces she has. Yet something if a bit off about this particular pirate; she walks just a little too tall to be from the lower belly of society.
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

lady M

1. Favorite Color:   Black, charcoal gray, forest green, dark blue, dark purple, deep dark brown. rustic red, earth tones.
2. Hobbies:   camping, hiking, biking, walking, reading books, cooking, sewing, watching period movies.
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:   Yes to all, I have pierced ears (one in each, I'm old fashion),  ring 7
4. One interesting fact about yourself:    I love old things, ren things, hand made things. I may be quiet when you first meet me but then I'm crazy! Hence the nick name crazy ladym
5. Favorite Movie/Book:  EVER AFTER, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, Othello, all period movies, The complete work of Shakespear, Egar Allen Poe, Michael Crichton, John Grisham. I love books. I absolutely love the show The Tudors.
6. One word to describe you: Eclectic.
7. Anything else you wish to include:  I love anything to do with camping and ren, love rottweilers (thou I don't have one but will one day, I hope), I love horses. I love cats I have 3. They're 9 1/2 yrs and brothers from the same litter. My babies Robert, William and Max. I only know of one person (real good friend) who guessed where I got those names.
7. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum:    Personally, none
9. Do you have an R/F pin?    Yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)    None
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)  I absolutely love candles and incense, eucalyptus, pine, I do not like vanilla or musky smells.
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? TRF and Ssarby
13. Favorite Music:   U2, Coldplay, Queen, Staind, Nickelback, Beethoven, Chopin, Bach, Mozart, classical, Celtic, I do not like Rap.
14. Things I collect:  Things made by people, rocks from special places people have been to, I love personal things. Things ren. Things Celtic.  I hope to start this year at TRF an autograph book where I'll take pictures of my fairemily and have them sign my book.
15. Briefly describe your character:

Emerald Shaunassey

Thanks Dino for organizing!  Count me in; last year's exchange was so much fun!

1. Favorite Color: Hunter Green
2. Hobbies:  Ren Faire, reading, photography, genealogy
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: not really
4. One interesting fact about yourself:
5. Favorite Movie/Book: I have several fav authors; Mercedes Lackey, Anne McCaffrey, Diana Gabaldon, Yasmine Galenorn, Michael and Kathleen O'Neal Gear to name but a few.
6. One word to describe you: Eclectic
7. Anything else you wish to include:
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: Hmm.. aside from my Diamond (an infrequent poster), I don't think anyone else really knows me.  I have met IRL; Queen Bonnie, Butch, Var Greyshadow, Zephaniah Nash and several others this past weekend (Oct 24 & 25) at TRF (I am horrible with names)
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes I do!
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) None
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Gardenia, Magnolia, Lilac, Earthy tones (Cedarwood, musks, etc)
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Umm... faires all over the mid west - where I am performing.
13. Favorite Music: Celtic (trad and rock), 'Classic' Rock (70's - 90's), Ren Music, Some metal rock
14. Things I collect: Wolves, Celtic knotwork
15. Briefly describe your character: Irish Female Privateer Captain.

IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Lady Rebecca

What is the usual price range for these gifts?

Dinobabe

Quote from: Lady Rebecca on October 30, 2009, 12:25:24 AM
What is the usual price range for these gifts?

It seems from last year that anything from a few bucks to way mucho dollars is spent!  Just what you want (and can afford) to give. ;)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Hausfrau Monica

lady M

BubbleWright

Sixteen participants so far... how come only 2 guys? I'm sure we aren't the only strong yet sensitive fellas on the Forum (lol)... : ;D
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

CapnFayeCutler

Quote from: BubbleWright on October 30, 2009, 08:56:26 PM
Sixteen participants so far... how come only 2 guys? I'm sure we aren't the only strong yet sensitive fellas on the Forum (lol)... : ;D

Hear, hear! The lads are very good at this! Killian was my exchange person winter 07 and he did a FANTASTIC job picking out gifts! Perfect really! :D
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Lady Rebecca

I'm in!

1. Favorite Color: light blue or bright pink
2. Hobbies: Theatre (esp musical theatre), crochet, sewing and designing costumes, reading (my favs are Harry Potter and the Bloody Jack adventure series)
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I always wear various (silver-based) dangly earrings, and I usually wear a pearl necklace. I really need gold-based pearl/celtic knot earrings, to match the necklace I wear for faire.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: Here's three instead: I absolutely love traveling, and desperately need to go back to the UK; I love the history of fashion, particularly the 1500s-1790s, and the 1950s; I'm obsessed with Harry Potter and Disney (and will be working at D-world come Jan)
5. Favorite Movie/Book: movies: Billy Elliot, Peter Pan (the one with Jason Issacs), Up, Cars, Pirates 1, more that I'm forgetting. Books: see #2, plus Philippa Gregory's Tudor books. Otherwise, I generally enjoy historical fiction
6. One word to describe you: Girly (think 50s housewife)
7. Anything else you wish to include: I'm new to Ren Faires (I went to my 1st one in April, and have now been to 6, in 5 diff states), but I have found myself obsessed. I'm hoping to audition to be on cast at Sterling for 2010.
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: I've met a few people at Sterling and St. Louis, but the only person I know otherwise is Casche.
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  no
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) walnuts
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) strawberry or vanilla
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? I don't have a home faire, but I have been to Norman Medieval Faire, The Castle at Muskogee Faire, Scarby, St. Louis, a tiny faire in Watsonville, CA, and Sterling (my fav!)
13. Favorite Music: Musicals, Celtic music (esp Celtic Women, who I'm seeing Nov 11th! and Bothy Band), some country/pop, movie soundtracks
14. Things I collect: Harry Potter stuff, yellow ducks
15. Briefly describe your character: I don't really have a character, but my garb is middle class, like a Merchant's wife.

Dinobabe

There are 17 surveys but I only have 10 addresses.  Don't forget to send me your real name, forum name, and address to participate!  :o
I will send out matches on November 24.   ;)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

ArielCallista

can you post who you've gotten names and addresses from? I think I did but I'm not sure...
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

Cormac

1. Favorite Color:Black, Green
2. Hobbies:Fishing, Archery, Leather Work, Faire if we are counting obsessions 
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:Not so much
4. One interesting fact about yourself:I can touch my tounge to the tip of my nose.  Best performed when my mustache is trimmed short.
5. Favorite Movie/Book:Princess Bride(book), LOTR (movies)
6. One word to describe you:Warped
7. Anything else you wish to include:
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum:
9. Do you have an R/F pin?Sure do. 
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)None!
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)Clean like fresh laundry, leather, disel and fish (yeah don't ask), earthy
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?KCRF, STLRF, OKRF
13. Favorite Music:Celtic (modern and traditional), G n' R, Metalica
14. Things I collect:Knives to a small extent.
15. Briefly describe your character:Haven't developed my character much.  General thought is an Irish rouge/mercenary, fight for food type of guy.

Sonata

1. Favorite Color: Deep green, but any jewel tones are nice
2. Hobbies: reading, singing, knitting, working with polymer clay
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: small light earrings, bracelets - I do not yet have any boot bells!
4. One interesting fact about yourself: um...let me think...I can pack more camping gear into a Honda CRV than any other woman I know :D
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Much Ado About Nothing (the Kenneth Branagh version)/ Diana Gabaldon's entire Outlander series
6. One word to describe you: polite
7. Anything else you wish to include: I can't think of anything...
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: hmm....midnightferret, Indigo, Teach & Trinn, Captain Killian & Serit, The Medieval Islander, Thomas Eagle & Alli, PurpleDragon, and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting to name
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) just aspirin, no headache-relieving cookies please :P
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) rose, vanilla, cherry, bird-of-paradise, amaretto
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? TRF, Scarby, Sherwood (soon!)
13. Favorite Music: Anything that's not screamy. I love drums, particularly the bodhran, and bagpipes.
14. Things I collect: books and craft supplies
15. Briefly describe your character: I don't really have a 'character' per se, I'm just a flirty, saucy wench!
Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape. Terry Pratchett