News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

NW Arkansas Renfest - Nov 7 & 8

Started by Craigmeister, October 28, 2009, 05:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

Fayetteville, AR will once again host the Northwest Arkansas Renfest on November 7th & 8th.  Premiere entertainment in the form of female pirate comedy, female jousting & sword fighting will be accompanied by the juggling style of Galen Harp, belly dancing & period music.  Come enjoy the fun!  www.nwarenfest.com 
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

InsaneGothicPriest

ok so not to be to rude here but this "fair" isnt worth calling by such standards. the first one me and my gf have been to and had we even lived in town wouldnt have been worth the drive over. ill post pics later. we were really excited to go to one and all that was there were like 4 tents set up selling things i can find at flea markets. although your local fleas are much better i promise. we drove up and by to park and had already seen and heard all there was to see here twice.so sorry to sound like iam trolling here but was a total letdown.

dbaldock

Quote from: InsaneGothicPriest on November 18, 2009, 04:20:52 AM
ok so not to be to rude here but this "fair" isnt worth calling by such standards. the first one me and my gf have been to and had we even lived in town wouldnt have been worth the drive over. ill post pics later. we were really excited to go to one and all that was there were like 4 tents set up selling things i can find at flea markets. although your local fleas are much better i promise. we drove up and by to park and had already seen and heard all there was to see here twice.so sorry to sound like iam trolling here but was a total letdown.

The announcement above was about the entertainment.  Your complaint is about the shopping.  Did you stay and see any of the shows, after finding that the shopping wasn't what you expected?

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

jeremiah sullivan

ENTERTAINMENT! There was NONE. No one showed up, The vendors were there, not many, I think (9) and not a bad one in the bunch, as I was one. It;s hard to do a faire if there is no ENTERTAINMENT. Maybe Next year?

Craigmeister

I.G.P., I would like to apologize for the small showing at the fest.  I was going by information that was on the fest's website.  I didn't know, nor did the organizer (as far as I heard) that the food vendors & entertainers were not going to show up. 

Please don't judge all Renfests by this one.  It is a newer, smaller festival that has seen the organizer dealt some setbacks the last couple of years.  He was there even though he was very sick that weekend.  I'm sure it will be better next fall.

For a trip to larger & older Renfaires, I'd like to suggest the Norman, OK Medieval Faire the last weekend of March, Scarborough Faire next April or May south of Dallas or the Kansas City Renfest next fall.  I have these & other closer Renfests listed on my website if you'd like to check them out at www.meistersrealm.com
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Emerald Shaunassey

Having been fed up with the politics, the back stabbings, and the double standards that have run rampant since the inception of the Northwest Arkansas Renaissance Faire; I have resigned my position as one of the few remaining founding Board members and pulled my Stage Show from this show until and unless the owner gets rid of the hanger-ons that are dragging this show into the pig troughs!  When I'm told that actors and stage shows should not be paid for their hard work, skills, talent, and efforts and that they are not as important as vendors ... that is when it is time to walk away before I throttle someone!  Be warned!  Stay away from NWARF in Fayettville, Arkansas unless you want to visit a Medieval Flea Market that has no entertainment (Norman Medieval Faire in Norman, Oklahoma is STILL the better Flea Market Faire, with hundreds of vendors and it has entertainers too!)
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.