News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

How much money do you spend on faire?

Started by Valiss, November 04, 2009, 11:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lairde Guardn

My wife an I believe our average to be $500 per weekend, and about 20 weekends per year......give or take.....
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Norfolk - you are just doing what any good Duke should do  ;)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin the Elder

I don't think I recall ever seeing The Duke in court attire, pilgrim.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Alissende

Eddie

Hoowil

I'm looking forward to gatelisting and camping. And cutting my faire costs in half.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Alaric

Too much  probably pushing 2k
Weekends at PARF and MD add up when you add in hotel, gas and food.

I usually buy stuff at the faire _ food and lots of beer plus garb or other stuff.

Did I mention beer :D

scarletnyx

I think I may have posted already, but here's an update with another faire season under our belt!

We've pretty much bought all of our garb that we can get from faires, without getting custom work done. That's helped our pockets quite a bit. I found some amazing cowrie shell belts at a place at Sherwood ( which I can't remember the name to! I want more cowrie shell belts!), along with a head covering for use when I'm in garb as Alex's wife. We were able to trade something for a gandora we found at Sherwood ( The -only- one we've seen through TFR and Sherwood... Where's the authentic Northern African/Middle Eastern/Ottoman Empire garb love? )

so overall, right now we only really spend 200-300 bucks at a faire weekend, excluding tickets and camping. Most of that is food, but sometimes I'll see some lotion or soaps I may want to try. Like Summerwood Soaps at SWFF... That is the official household soap for Alex and I now!
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen