News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Cautionary Tale

Started by Seamus Ex Machina, November 10, 2009, 05:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grov

Did you make it to the doctor?  I'd hate to think of some unseen damage waiting to lay you out even worse.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Count Adolfo

Seamus,
You know I'm extremely glad you're safe and unharmed... and the same goes for Lady Phoenix... as it is possible she was the target.
That being said, I don't think speculation is wise... I tend to favour erring more on the side of caution and getting the word out there to everyone:

It's not necessarily someone trying to subdue a bonnie lass for nefarious reasons... it could just be some dimwitted miscreant who thinks it's "funny" to watch a rennie faceplant in the dirt.
We simply have no idea.
In any case, I think it's great that you got the story out there because it's very scary to think that, in the case of the latter scenario, even a child like Falcone could be targeted by the perpetrator.
I don't think I need to tell you what I'd do to said individual if that were the case...

My suggestion to everyone, as this is a serious concern and threat to our entire community, is to keep a watchful eye open.  We should all have each other's backs.  Bear in mind, too, that we take a lot of pics at Faire and some even shoot video so hopefully, as people go through all the pictures and whatnot, the person responsible may have been captured on film... but as Wenchie showed, often it's so fast that unless the timing was perfect, even that won't help.

I know I'll be a lot more cautious than I've been in the past... which was pretty cautious to begin with... but this is solid evidence that there's someone out there who potentially means harm to us.  To ignore that fact would be to invite this to happen again... and as Seamus said... it never should.

Noble Dreg

I mean no dis-respect and no vile put forth...Did anyone report this to the authorities or management?  They need to know.  I am glad we have been warned to look out for each other but what about those who do not belong to these forums who also go to faire?  The authorities need to know too.

I should add...People who commit this type of crime are assuredly the lowest form of life on earth...the punishment is never severe enough!  Glad all are well.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Noble Dreg

Quote from: Grov on November 11, 2009, 09:39:31 AM
Did you make it to the doctor?  I'd hate to think of some unseen damage waiting to lay you out even worse.

Never thought of that...good advise!
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

theladyphoenix

Quote from: Noble Dreg on November 11, 2009, 05:25:20 PM
I mean no dis-respect and no vile put forth...Did anyone report this to the authorities or management?  They need to know.  I am glad we have been warned to look out for each other but what about those who do not belong to these forums who also go to faire?  The authorities need to know too.

I should add...People who commit this type of crime are assuredly the lowest form of life on earth...the punishment is never severe enough!  Glad all are well.
Been there done that thank you though!
The Lady Phoenix
Wicccan Warrior
Wench at Heart
AKA *poison grace*
Risin' M'Crack
Cruise Director Clan O'Conner

Betty Munro

Wow - that is pretty darned scary!  And I was just reading a few threads about a 4 year old allowed to wander a campsite on her own, and a discussion about letting pre-teens and early teenagers to wander about a little on their own. 
I repeat the thankfulness that you escaped unharmed.