News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2010 Flagler-Palm Coast Renaissance Festival

Started by Celtic_Fae, November 11, 2009, 05:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic_Fae

Working Name: Flagler-Palm Coast Renaissance Festival
Potential Date: December 2010
Weekends: 1-2

Greetings! We have some very exciting news to bring you. For the past year and a half there have discussions regarding filling the need for a Renaissance faire in the coastal northeast region of Florida. Recent discussions with various musicians and other renowned performers revealed a potentially workable time window. Location is a major determining factor in the success for such a project. A locale that would be central to major population centers, easily accessible by major highways, had a variety of available lodgings and eateries, nearby attractions, and enough available land suitable to a site was sought out. After much searching and pondering, it was determined that the City of Palm Coast met all of the above criteria.

Today, representatives discussed the idea with the City Mayor and the County Commissioner to feel out if they would be at all receptive of the idea. The response was overwhelmingly positive and enthusiastic. They presented a variety of actual site proposals and wanted to know how fast a working business plan could be created for a December of 2010 opening.

Potential investors and sponsors are in the process of being contacted. The county has also offered up part of its tourism budget.

Your input is greatly welcomed for consideration. Let's move forward with this good karma now!

Auryn

That is fantastic, so glad to hear it.
Palm Coast is still a few hours away from me, but its straight north, probably closer than tampa.

What kind of input are you looking for?? regarding organization? acts?? food??

Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Celtic_Fae

BUDGET: if anyone has a working budget for a 1-2 weekend, soft-site faire that they are willing to share from a past show, it would be greatly appreciated. We would be most appreciative of leads toward potential investors/sponsors. We have some some interested investors; however, to insure our success, the more investors the better. We are also looking for leads  regarding grants that would support this start-up, educational faire endeavor.

ACTS: Having worked with esteemed acts in the past, we are thrilled to have some "act consultants"---how acts prefer to be treated during contractual agreements, pay estimates, etc. Having volunteered their unofficial consultant services, they will be our primary pool to pick from.

ORGANIZATION: input into what is successful (and what is not) and the type of people we will need on board (lawyers, accountants, etc.) would be greatly appreciated. We are modeling our organization from Hoggetowne: similar to that faire, the city and county are deeply involved, rather than the faire being run by a big (faire-style) company.

FOOD VENDORS: being run by the county/city, we are obliged to seek local food vendors first. However, open-registration will be just that: open, when it begins. Anyone who wishes to apply is welcome.

MERCHANDISE VENDORS: you will be notified when open registration begins. At this time, the only category filling up is chair massage therapy.

GAME VENDORS: we are still on the lookout for gaming booths and human-powered rides.

WEBSITE: we do need someone who is experienced in building a website, preferably someone who would donate their services in exchange for top billing on our sponsors list or would work reasonably during our start-up phase.

CAST: cast will be mostly volunteer; however, a few of the major roles, especially for actors/actresses who are experienced and would be willing to help train the support cast, will be salaried. Auditions have yet to be announced. We are also looking for people who have their own garb or have some sewing experience to help those starting off without any garb.

Le Salamandre

Groovy.  I'm in Daytona and would be interested in helping.

Celtic_Fae

BLAKDUKE

Do you have jousters?????   I am sending your website to Knights of Valor and I will be talking to them in January at the jousting tournament
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Celtic_Fae

We are talking with a jouster. I don't know whether he has his own company behind him or if we'll still have to hire someone. If he is able to pull off a joust along with his trick riding show, everyone is in for a big treat, especially those who have followed his progress as he grew up on the circuit. Let's put it this way---we WILL have a joust! And also a trick riding show, should all go according to plan, by one V-E-R-Y talented equestrian performer, who has performed with the likes of Cavalia and Medieval Times.

BLAKDUKE

Verrryyyyyy  Eenteressstink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you post his name or his act?????

Celtic_Fae

Spoke with him today. Since things are still in flux, take this with a grain of salt, but our joust and trick-riding show will most likely be headed by Caleb Carinci-Asch, son of Carl Asch (Empty Hats) and Ciara Carinci.

BLAKDUKE

To be honest I have not heard of him, but I have heard of empty hats.  Well good luck to you nd let meknow if your are interested
in what I mentioned in the PM I sent you a while back.

BLAKDUKE

Hi

Any further word on cast for the faire????

Celtic_Fae

To stay within budget we will need a voluntary cast. We simply do not have the assets, being a first-year run faire, to pay cast members.

BLAKDUKE

Ditzy Gypsy

Did it get pushed back a year Kathryn? Website says 2011 season.  ???

Celtic_Fae

Unfortunately, kind friends, vendors, and performers, the Flagler-Palm Coast Renaissance Festival has been pushed back a year due to loss of funding. However, we are still moving forward, only with an opening of December 2, 3, 4 and 11-12, 2011. We appreciate your continued interest and support. If any people are willing to volunteer behind the scenes to help us get this running, we welcome you to contact us at flaglerpalmcoastrenfest@gmail.com. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

We are currently looking for a bellydance troupe who would be willing to perform at the faire for free in return for a  vendor space to sell your wares.