News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2010 Flagler-Palm Coast Renaissance Festival

Started by Celtic_Fae, November 11, 2009, 05:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLAKDUKE

M'lady:

I cannot speak for them, but we have at least 3 to 4 different troups at the Pensacola faire.  If you can make the trip the first weekend in March come and ask them.  If not I will ask them and give them youR contact info.

The BLAKDUKE
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Ditzy Gypsy

Quote from: Kathryn (Fae) Weldon on January 18, 2010, 10:38:45 PM
Unfortunately, kind friends, vendors, and performers, the Flagler-Palm Coast Renaissance Festival has been pushed back a year due to loss of funding. However, we are still moving forward, only with an opening of December 2, 3, 4 and 11-12, 2011. We appreciate your continued interest and support. If any people are willing to volunteer behind the scenes to help us get this running, we welcome you to contact us at flaglerpalmcoastrenfest@gmail.com. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

We are currently looking for a bellydance troupe who would be willing to perform at the faire for free in return for a  vendor space to sell your wares.

I'm truly sorry to hear that. With all the budget cuts organizations are doing in these hard times its always the fun stuff that is postponed first.  :(

It sounds like it will be a wonderful faire to be apart of from the start and onward, but it's hard to say what I'll be up to two years from now. You can count on me visiting it though even if that's my only option. :)

As far as belly dancing is concerned, do you have any local dance schools that might have student troops willing to volunteer for performing experience? It would be a pretty sweet gig for someone who lived close by. Hell, ya got me wishing this was closer by, lol.

Schools will often put on "haflas" (like a showcase of students and teachers from one or more schools doing various styles of oriental or middle eastern dance) and dancers aren't usually paid or expect to be paid, for that type of show. But there's always a few exceptions, and people who want to be those few exceptions. If push comes to shove, you could always host a hafla and offer that up to the dance community. BARF hosted a belly dance competition last year and one of my school's troops performed, but they also had belly dancing playtrons sign up. It was pretty neat. I'm not that familiar with your city though, so I'm not sure what kind of luck you'll have with that.

But if you manage to acquire a troop with faire experience willing to do it, all the better, right?  :)

Celtic_Fae

Ditzy Gypsy

Grats! Hay Kat, will you be at BARF on the 20th? I'm entering the dance competition with a friend who might be interested in putting a tribe together for your faire.

Celtic_Fae

Quote from: Pink Gypsy on February 28, 2010, 10:41:27 AM
Grats! Hay Kat, will you be at BARF on the 20th? I'm entering the dance competition with a friend who might be interested in putting a tribe together for your faire.

Working for Deane (Johnny Phoenix) in the back or at the Sword in the Stone at BARF. Don't know if I'll be able to get away, but it would be grand if you were able to find me.

Ditzy Gypsy

Quote from: Kathryn (Fae) Weldon on February 28, 2010, 06:58:51 PM

Working for Deane (Johnny Phoenix) in the back or at the Sword in the Stone at BARF. Don't know if I'll be able to get away, but it would be grand if you were able to find me.

lol, I guess it's my turn this fair to do the finding! Thanks for coming and seeing us and taking all those great photos at Hoggetown!

Celtic_Fae

Quote from: Pink Gypsy on February 28, 2010, 07:29:59 PM
Quote from: Kathryn (Fae) Weldon on February 28, 2010, 06:58:51 PM

lol, I guess it's my turn this fair to do the finding! Thanks for coming and seeing us and taking all those great photos at Hoggetown!

You're most welcome for the photos. In contrast, I haven't had the chance to take any photos out at BARF due to being so busy. If I can't be found at either of those locations, ask if 'Kris' (my real name) is backstage, since we usually hang out back there in between sets.

Celtic_Fae

The Flagler-Palm Coast Renaissance Festival now has a Myspace!

Lady Catherine

kathryn,
is it still 2011? i looked over the website and facebook and the dates are still for 2010. are you still in need of an experienced bellydance troupe?  if so, let me know and I may have a solution for you!

thanks!
2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!

Celtic_Fae

We are back to December 2010. I'm open to suggestions regarding a bellydance troupe!

BLAKDUKE

Contact Steve Meli at the Gulf Coast Faire site (GCRF)  He has at least two troups Sarab and The Zuri Dancers.  Steve can give you their contact info.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Lady Catherine

kathryn,
i pm'd you about my troupe, Shuvani Rose, veterans of the Alabama ren faire!
2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!

Squire Mickey

Well done and congrats Kathryn! I know how hard you have worked to make this happen. You are to be commended!

Have you guys put together a vendor packet yet? Two Gentlemen of Fortune might be very interested!
Mickey Flint, Esquire
First Mate, The Harbinger
Landshark #107
IFRP #1473
Clan M'Crack P.E.T.
Captain, Ithilean Ran