News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Is All Well ?

Started by majikboxman, May 26, 2008, 09:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

majikboxman

Do we know of anyone on here that may have been effected from yesterdays tornado's ?

Hoping all is well.
This Space For Rent

renren

Been wondering that.
Hope everyone's allright!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Toarmod

It came pretty close to my place in Andover, but thankfully no losses to report!

renren

Quote from: Toarmod on May 26, 2008, 11:55:15 AM
It came pretty close to my place in Andover, but thankfully no losses to report!
Good! *hugs Toarmod*
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Leyla

It sounds like the tornado touched down just a few miles east of us.  We saw a little bit of marble sized hail, and Josh's car now has a little dent from that.  Otherwise we're in good shape.

Once again wishing we had a basement.

Baron Doune

Sun never stopped shining down here in Apple/Lakeville.

No rain...nothing.

Was a bit worried about Sleepy's new car with the hail.

So other than a major ear infection for me...things are sorta good.

Tarac

Sat the storm out in Perkins in Anoka having Dinner, No damage at my place. :D
Scotch the only way to go

Marietta Graziella

We're good here in Elk River.  No damage and only a bit of rain... or so I was told by the neighbors since I was in TN!!! ;)
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

LJ DaGuerre

Tornado skipped down about a quarter mile east of my place. That's as close as I care to come.

Lady_Lily

Sleepy's new car was in the garage...I think that was one of the first things he'd mentioned when I saw him on Sunday. :-) I'm alive...no idea if it rained...my pretty flowers look nice and happy so maybe they got some water, but they weren't damaged at all.

SleepyArcher

We are ok.

Satit out at Toarmod and Synn's place. We did see some rotation of clouds that was scary but never touched down, Im betting that was what touched later in Hugo.

Yes the car is ok...  ;D
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

divapixie

I tend to forget that you all get those from time to time too.  I've seen my fair share of cloud rotation and wall clouds living in the middle of OZ out here.  However, I have been lucky... it seems that they always go around my city... and I have EXCELLENT insurance should something happen.  I'm glad everyone is OK.  LEt's hope none of us need to worry about those again soon.
"I have the heart of a child... in a jar on my desk."

Sitara

George and I are fine.  However the house we are working on is not.  In Somerset, WI there was softball sized hail that took huge chunks out of the siding we had just put up on Friday.  We now get to redo an entire wall.  There are also now gaping holes in the garage roof.  The homeowners car also now has no windows and enough divots to be considered a golf ball.  Yesterday was spent photographing the damage and putting together a estimate for her insurance company.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

Random Girl

I was in Wisconsin....the storm that hit you guys spurned tornados up by my grandma which prompted a "NOT AGAIN!" from us (Ladysmith,WI tornado Labor Day about 5 years ago) but she was fine and by the time it hit Waupaca County is was just severe thunderstorms which skirted to the north of Waupaca and nailed the towns just north of us.  There was some rain..and a little thunder but that was really it.

However watching the news that night and seeing Hugo being talked about by the Green Bay weather station kinda freaked me out a little.  Glad everyone in teh north burbs is good.
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Lord Figaro

Brandi and I were over her aunt and uncles house for most of the day. But We saw no problems down our way. Glad to hear everyone else is okay.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana