News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Can't Wait Until March!

Started by Craigmeister, November 15, 2009, 10:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

Last weekend saw the end of the Renfest season around Oklahoma.  I don't know how I'll endure the next 4 months as Scarlet Renfest in OKC is now defunct.

I'm glad I went to 4 Winds at the end of February last year.  I look forward to returning in the middle of next March.  I'm glad to be getting a 2 week jump on the Renfest season in Oklahoma.  My stay this year was short due to the need to get to "Big D".  What kind of things should I ensure I experience on my return trip to 4 Winds?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Dracconia

Everything!

Lol. Definetly see the joust, since we are the second ranking team in the country!
Our archery booth is awesome! And right next to it is our range, so come see me there!
We have the best wooden mugs and eattery with Knarly Knot.
We have grand chain mail at the Dark Rose, amazing shows, Willies Willy Wenches! Breaking the Habit! Just to name a few....oh the cast is great and the food is yummy! And  if I don't stop now you won't get me to ... I love my home faire!

Can't wait to see ya!
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Craigmeister

I rather enjoyed your booth last spring.  The equipment was of good quality & the instructions I received were definitely from people who know about archery.  If I have my own longbow by then, can I use my own on your range?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Dracconia

We would love for you to bring your own bow! We have tons of regulars who have thier own bow and quivers. So glad we could bring faire joy to you can't wait to meet you next season. ?
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Rani Zemirah

Hmmm... sounds like a spring road trip might be in order... :D 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Betty Munro

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on November 22, 2009, 07:00:43 PM

I agree!  Where are you driving from?

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: Betty Munro on November 22, 2009, 08:46:59 PM
Quote from: Rani Zemirah on November 22, 2009, 07:00:43 PM

I agree!  Where are you driving from?

I'd be driving down from the Oklahoma City area.  Too bad you're not closer... we could car pool!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Betty Munro

Ok City area ... oh my gosh, I'm in VA ... yup, not even close.  LOL
If I was in Oklahoma I'd find a way to make the trip to TRF ... I've read so much about it since getting on the boards that I'm half tempted to start walking now to make it by next year.  I could stop off at 4Winds in the spring on my way there.  LOL 
Sigh ... it sounds as if Texas is the best place in the world for Rennies!

Rani Zemirah

I'm starting to think the same thing... oh, except for the whole Maryland contingent, and that's much closer for you to get to!  You could probably take the train and have someone from that crowd pick you up from the station and take you home with them for the weekend during their Faire season, although it is quite a wait, since it just ended for this year!  Good crowd up that way, though! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

LadyElizabeth

I can't wait til March either!!  This is phenomenal fair and anyone who's not made it down needs to do that!!   

This is not TRF, this is a small fair where by the end of the day you can truly get to know people there.  You will get to meet the owners of the fair, personally pet the most beautiful jousting mounts I've ever seen in action, of course get to see the most phenomenal joust ever, meet the stage acts personally, and those are just to name a few of the truly unique aspects of Fourwinds which make it a truly loved fair by all! 
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Rani Zemirah

(sigh)  Sounds like I really need to start finding a way to make my Faire habit pay for itself, then!!!  I'm already looking for ways to get to several other Faires in the next year, and the gas alone is gonna cost more than I can afford... 

Four winds sounds lovely, and I'll have to give the logistics some serious thought.  Is there patrons camping there, by any chance?
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Dracconia

That's one of the best parts of Four Winds in my opinion. The patron camping and the participant camping is all one. It is great to mingle with everyone and get to know all the faces! It may sound like I am bragging on my faire (and I am) but that is ONLY because it is the best place ever! TRF is great, for it's many attractions and the hustle and bustle, but Four Winds is home. You know everyone you are comfortable, the kids run around and everyone watches out....it's great!
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

SirRichardBear

Plus there is the shower house don't forget the shower house makes camping at Four Winds great.  Plus all the reason all ready given.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Dracconia

Yup, we have flushies at our camping and inside the faire grounds, and hot showers, which are kept clean, and there are even laundry facilities available. Okay a washer and dryer, but hey....better than nothing right?
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Rani Zemirah

Hmmm... maybe I'll have to check into the vending fees, then, because it sounds like someplace I wouldn't mind calling home for a few weekends every spring!  Do they allow roaming vendors there, or guest cast, maybe?  It would be fun to bring the Gypsy down there for some storytelling and spell casting, and maybe a bit or two in the lanes in exchange for admission and camping (and maybe a little gas money...).  :D  

Is there a website?  Found it!!!  ;)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede