News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Longbow Rules?

Started by Craigmeister, November 23, 2009, 11:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

Does anyone know if there are any rules against carrying a longbow at Renfests in the south?  I'm planning on creating an English longbowman persona next year.  How do you peace tie a bow?  Do you make a big knot in the bowstring???  ;)
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

dbaldock

You just have to tie all the arrows in a knot.   ;)   ;D
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

SirRichardBear

Personally I don't string my bow I use string keeper instead and then peace tie my arrows. 
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Dracconia

At Four Winds, we carry our bows everywhere....many patrons do too. The only problem I could see would be in the arrows....peace tie them and carry to your hearts content!

*insert advert here* If you need a quiver or any other accessory we have a grand maker of such things right beside the archery booth :D
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Craigmeister

I remember that booth.  It seems that I talked to his daughter about some of his bows.  Does he have a website?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Dracconia

www.siegeworkcreations.com

:D I really need to tell these guys to pay me for PR :P

No really they are great!
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake