News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Portrait Garb Gallery

Started by gem, May 08, 2008, 03:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaireMare

Nudge Nudge.... getting of topic folks!

operafantomet

I want to revive this thread!

You've probably seen this one already, but here's my "Unicorn" dress based on Raphael's portrait "Lady with Unicorn" (ca. 1505):

More here: http://aneafiles.webs.com/unicorn.html

gem

Anea, that's one of our favorites *ever,* and I'm surprised you hadn't posted it here before!  Milord was totally stunned by the pictures you took.

Kate XXXXXX

That is something special, isn't it.   ;D

operafantomet

Quote from: gem on November 18, 2009, 02:47:25 PM
Anea, that's one of our favorites *ever,* and I'm surprised you hadn't posted it here before!  Milord was totally stunned by the pictures you took.

Aaaaw thank you! Both of you! :D

I've long planned to take some new pics of this dress. The ones above + on my website were hastily taken to have something to present for the Realm of Venus showcase. It was night, I had to put the dress on myself (which made the chemise go a tad astray), and the underskirt wasn't finished. Plus, I just came home from Greece, I was too tan!  :D

I've also re-modelled the lace ribbons attaching the sleeves to the bodice. I do like the dress in the pictures, but I think new pictures will look a lot more historical. I want to pose like in the portrait! Anyone got an unicorn to lend me? Amigo (fake dog) didn't seem to convince people... Ha-ha.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The gown ensemble I recreated from this portrait of the ill fated 2nd Cousin of Queen Elizabeth I. When I read the Biography Elizabeth and Mary by Jane Dunn, once I saw this portrait, I knew I had to make this for myself. I competed this in the Historical Masqurade at Costume Con 24 in Des Moines in 2006. No awards, but did get noticed by my peers.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

operafantomet

Ah wow! I especially love that golden trim, but the whole outfit came together so wonderfully. *drool*