News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Mundane Topics / Re: Re: Continue the thread
Last post by laedyfaire - Today at 06:48:59 PM
Virtue and honesty go hand in hand
Mundane Topics / Re: Answer my question with a ...
Last post by laedyfaire - Today at 06:47:09 PM
Will number 4 bring the chips?
Mundane Topics / Re: Re: Two words!
Last post by laedyfaire - Today at 06:45:41 PM
Permission granted
Texas Renaissance Festival / Re: Controversial mandatory "R...
Last post by Trillium - Yesterday at 10:28:04 PM
Yeah, their way of going about it isn't very smart, especially with the amount of vendors traveling here as the last faire of the season. They need to have a better plan for non-local vendors and staff. But I suspect the majority of people not following to the program are local. Those who do this for a living and not an extra paycheck are much more likely to act appropriately in the first place.
I have nothing against the goal, especially as someone with a historical reenactment background, but it is unreasonable to expect out of town crafters and their traveling staff to attend workshops when so many are at other out of state shows that end just before TRF -and then to potentially penalize them... A friend who has booths at two other shows that compete with the workshops sent an Email just saying when do you want the $500 fine. It's almost like they want to drive out traveling crafters.
It's been a theme park for quite a while in my personal opinion. Our family stopped attending years ago now. And it is unlikely that brushing up on the King's english will be enough to draw us back  ;D
Mundane Topics / Re: Two words!
Last post by Lord Argyl of Lochdubh - April 21, 2024, 10:18:54 PM
given permission
Mundane Topics / Re: Re: Two words!
Last post by KiltedPrivateer - April 21, 2024, 07:13:26 AM
Authority given
Mundane Topics / Re: Answer my question with a ...
Last post by Lord Argyl of Lochdubh - April 20, 2024, 11:00:27 PM
can we make that four ?
Mundane Topics / Re: Two words!
Last post by Lord Argyl of Lochdubh - April 20, 2024, 10:58:57 PM
topic discussion