News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Turkey Day parade

Started by Angus_Cutter, November 18, 2008, 11:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor M

I should point out my favorite moment of the parade day.  It was introducing Sabrina (Mip) to Mr. McFeeley.  She couldn't have been more excited! :o  Wow, that was some serious hero worship going on there.  Mip, I'll get you that autographed picture he promised you  :D
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Angus_Cutter

Well then, I guess we will not see you at the St Patrick's Day parade.
[/quote]

...Ill probably be there anyway...  And this time I can wear my kilt!

anne of oaktower

No videos?  Really?  No one had family/friends standing on the sidelines with a video camera?   :(
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Professor M

Quote from: anne of oaktower on December 02, 2008, 09:39:08 AM
No videos?  Really?  No one had family/friends standing on the sidelines with a video camera?   :(

I have it on video tape, but don't have the equipment to transfer it to digital format.  I saw Lindsy (our marketing person) in the crowd with a still camera, but haven't heard from her about pictures.

It's going to be aired a few more times, so you can still see it.  Check the WPXI web site.  We appear about 1 hour into the event.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

anne of oaktower

Thanks, M.  I did watch it that day, but the film crew didn't stay on the group nearly long enough so we hardly got to see who was there.  I was hoping someone had a good quality video that got all your smiling faces.  :)
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

metalcelt

We had a grand time as well. I got to see the video later that day. I taped it up to the point they stopped focusing on us. They seemed to like Karl our whistle player a lot with his kilt. Overall I had a great time. My hands were numb the whole time we were stopped in the wind tunnel at the Steel Plaza station.

BTW folks the band and I are in the Steel Valley parade this weekend and we will be dressed in garb. If you want to come check us out it starts at noon.

It was great to see everyone as well!

Matt (Guitar Ar Eigean Gael)