News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

TRF Campground Map

Started by mpullen, May 14, 2008, 06:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Laura

yellowpages.com's map program has a good aerial view, but I'm not sure when it was taken.  It looks pretty recent.  Just search todd mission TX.
"Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk."
-Sir Francis Chichester

mpullen

Quote from: Lady Laura on June 27, 2008, 09:38:38 AM
yellowpages.com's map program has a good aerial view, but I'm not sure when it was taken.  It looks pretty recent.  Just search todd mission TX.

That one looks like about 2 years old, but it does show people in the campgrounds.

Problem is, YellowPages won't allow rotating the image.

mpullen

Okay, since no one could furnish an updated aerial map, I went ahead and purchased a map from TerraServer. For $20 I downloaded a low (1000x1000) resolution map of the area that was taken in December 2007, so it shows the recent land clearing and the new roads.

I'll be doing a manual edit of the map showing grids and identifying the wet areas (those I know of).

I'll post the map in my sticky thread, along with the weekly group locations that I receive notifications. Please do not post your group locations on the sticky thread. Send me Renmail, so that the thread keeps short and I make sure I get all the updates.

If you don't want your group identified, just sent me a Renmail stating "grid X-Y reserved" (even though space can't be reserved) and I'll so state on the maps.

Be specific as far as which weekend. A Renmail of "possibly week 3" doen't help.

LadyJessica

You are the man mpullen!  I know your map last year helped me to find several groups!  Lots of kisses for you!
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Valeria Skyye

This year will only be my second time camping. I did not know of this site last year but wish I had. I would LOVE to see a MAP and maybe I can come out of my shell and bit and actually meet some of the other groups.
Co-founder and member of Clan Dragonass
Member Clan McLotofus

Zaubon

Clan Mclotofus will be set up with the kitchen going on Opening, All Hallow's and Closing weekends. We're a good place to get your feet wet. We have one of the quieter camps and are family friendly, but my how the booze does flow. We're normally on row 8 near the road. Stop in ans say hi, or set your tent up with us. Just keep an open mind and you'll have a great time.

Valeria Skyye

Quote from: Zaubon on July 27, 2008, 01:54:19 AM
Clan Mclotofus will be set up with the kitchen going on Opening, All Hallow's and Closing weekends. We're a good place to get your feet wet. We have one of the quieter camps and are family friendly, but my how the booze does flow. We're normally on row 8 near the road. Stop in ans say hi, or set your tent up with us. Just keep an open mind and you'll have a great time.

My family may just take you up on that offer. It would be myself, hubby and our 2 boys. And my family is very open minded  ;)
Co-founder and member of Clan Dragonass
Member Clan McLotofus

Lord Dragonspyre

::ears perk up::

;D :P
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

Pat McGroin

Quote from: Zaubon on July 27, 2008, 01:54:19 AM

With the number of Renn family and friends that are camping with us. We will more than likely take up from row 7 to row 8 next to the road.
I'm the Carpenter aboard the Bayou Scoundrel,
The Keeper of FIREWATER!!!
I.F.R.P. #1447