News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Acorn Wood

Started by Amras Elfwine, May 10, 2008, 09:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Iram

Well, I'm gonna give it a try. We have squirrels all over the property and I have a birds eye view of a particular tree with a number of nests. Got the "Doctor Doolittle" bug in me today. :)

Amras Elfwine

Currently battening down the hatches for a mighty blow tomorrow...

Now hear this, all you furry little seed stealers!
All squirrel nests are to be strapped down tightly, and make sure the wee gutters are clean!!
And don't go out without your tiny rain boots!
Take care when climbing while holding an umbrella, and if a gust carries you over Annapolis, save me a table at The Melting Pot while your there...
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Amras Elfwine

Things are cooling off in the wood...the acorn harvest was excellent this year, and the lads will be eating for a good while on the fruits of their hide-the-nut labors...raked half the wood last weekend, and anticipate raking the other half this weekend...all a first rake scenario, of course...it'll take at least 2 more...reminds me of what my step-father always says..."thats why the call them leaves...you leave them alone, and they'll blow away..."....sigh, would that that were possible...

Cheers!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

Trillium

I read an article in one of the local papers yesterday that the squirrels here are getting rather fat due to an unexpected windfall of pecans thanks to Ike.  Ike's winds knocked down tons of pecans early so the squirrels have fattened up early.  I know they've been all over my yard pigging out!
Got faerie dust?

Fairyfly

I'm so thrilled the new house has a small patch of woods on the property! Actually it's considered "wet lands" so it's protected! And the squirrels have been busy busy all over the back yard and front yard! And I've got the BEST view of the back yard from my bedroom window! I love taking little breaks and watching our furry friends playing in the trees! I think the little snow flurries we had the other day made them decide to pick up the pace a bit. lol Not like they are skinny, but living about two blocks off the Delaware river is COLD!
EtteMum
TaskMistress of the Bayou Scoundrel's
Fae'N M'Crack... or at least working on it.
Rani's Divine Whip

Amras Elfwine

More pumpkins in the Jack-o-lantern graveyard this morning...the lads are baking pies now, I think...very cold out there today and tomorrow!! May get the first flurries of the year today.

The squirrels are all fattenend up nicely, and are showing their thick winter grey coats...which reminds me, I tried on the old "fat" long johns this morning, and lets just say, I need new ones that fit... ;)
R/F member since 2004

Fairyfly

We got a dusting of snow this morning! Some is still in the trees. No wonder the little furries were all hyper yesterday. Lol

Am, *HUGTACKLE* needing new long johns is awesome!  ;D
EtteMum
TaskMistress of the Bayou Scoundrel's
Fae'N M'Crack... or at least working on it.
Rani's Divine Whip

Amras Elfwine

My goal is to always stay well and truely hugtackled...and FairyFly, Trill and Appl always help me...:-)

Flurries yesterday in the wood, but nothing on the ground...it is indeed COLD today, so of course, I raked up after the oaks for four hours today...should hold it for a day or so, anyway, and icey adult beverages may be in order tonight....heh heh heh, I said "may be"...right... 8)

Cheers!
R/F member since 2004

Amras Elfwine

My pets are soooooo ready for winter, that a few of them may just be accompanying me to the Weight Watchers meeting on Wednesday...
R/F member since 2004

Amras Elfwine

So tired...so tired...just need a place to rest...perhaps under this old oak...

*sits down, back against the tree, and looks up at the stars*

Thats better...just need to rest, thats all...
R/F member since 2004

Amras Elfwine

*Somehwat rejuvenated by the marvelous light show put on  in the last week by the Moon, Jupiter and Venus, Amras gets up from his tree trunk, stretches, shoulders his pack, and begins another hike down a moss-strewn path*
R/F member since 2004

Tammy

Mi'Lord Amras, and Sir Spyro T. Bushtail,
I would like to introduce you to Mi'Lady Dixie. She was looking over my shoulder as I read this topic, and begged to be introduced to the handsome lad in the kilt!

*Please forgive the fuzziness of the picture.*

*Leaving behind a selection of nuts and berries for the sweet furries...*
Curtsy's,
Tammy & Dixie
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Amras Elfwine

Outstanding...and we are pleased to make the wee lass' acqaintance...here's one of Naughty Todd (also known as Spyro T.) with the gang out back...

He does look kinda like he's tipped over a bit... ;)
R/F member since 2004

Amras Elfwine

And, here he is with some reprobate in the front yard...

We are very pleased to meet yuh!!

R/F member since 2004

Tammy

Gramercy for the warm welcome to my little one. She's a handful...much as Spyro seems to be  ;) , but that just makes me love her even more!!

The wind is howling here...Mother Nature doesn't seem to be very happy this day.
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.