News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Closing Sunday

Started by iain robb, November 12, 2012, 08:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain robb

So is anyone else planning to brave closing Sunday? My wife and I will be back in the area, on the way back from Pennsylvania to Florida, and need someone else to help us keep warm that day.  :D

Chelsy

We'll be there either Saturday or Sunday, probably depending on which day has better weather. We're from Charleston so it's a long drive for us, too. I've never been to a faire in the cold (in the 50s is cold, okay?) before!
TNRF (2003-2015, 2017)
CRF (2012-present)
GARF (2015-present)
KYHRF (2005-2009)

mehan

we are still on the fence, but knowing you will be there ups the ante.  Hmmmmm.  All I can tell you is get there early.  The crowds last weekend were something I have never seen at CRF - more like MDRF... whew!

Molden

I believe Lady Mikayla, hopefully Lady Dracolich, and myself will be there closing Sunday. I saw the numbers for last weekend - Ridiculous! I'm finding that this season, I prefer Sundays to Saturdays.
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

iain robb

I'm guessing that between it being Sunday, and the cold forecast, it may not be very crowded. But we'll make a bit of a crowd ourselves, won't we?

Should we plan to meet someplace, or just expect to see each other at Zilch or Hey Nunnie Nunnie ... or perhaps in the line for hot chocolate?

Molden

Ok I checked - and my heart goes out to you - but now it looks like I will be there for the full day Sunday, but Lady D isn't making the trek to Carolina, and Lady Mikayla is showing dogs in Concord (nearby) that morning. Lady Mikayla does want to come to Faire on Sunday - so if things work out right, she'll be there mid-day/early afternoon.

I'll be in the VIP parking lot before cannon, other-wise, I can usually be found down in "the corner" by the pub/near the joust field fairly often. Otherwise, I'll scan the coffee/cocoa lines or the shows (Zilch, Hey Nunnie Nunnie) for y'all!
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

JessicaB

I will be! Going solo for the first time ever ever :)

Chelsy

Went today so I won't be making it tomorrow. Have fun, y'all. :)
TNRF (2003-2015, 2017)
CRF (2012-present)
GARF (2015-present)
KYHRF (2005-2009)

iain robb

Well, it was a wonderful (if somewhat chilly) time. Glad to see folks and the Faire again, even if I did have to buy gauntlets to keep my fingers from freezing. (Had to buy. Right. Any excuse to spend money at Faire.)

BTW, funny story (to me, at least): I put the gauntlets on over my rings, and when I got back to the car and put everything my sackpack, I thought I had lost one of my rings. Oh well, what's Faire without buying one thing and losing another?

That night I packed everything into my larger backpack, and when I lifted it, something was ringing like a bell. The next day, all the home -- all the way to Florida -- I kept hearing "ring ring ring ... ring ring ring ..." faintly from the trunk. I carried my ringing backpack up to my apartment and emptied it, looking for whatever was making the noise.

Ah, it was in the sackpack! I dug in ... and there was my missing ring, in my bell-shaped pewter goblet. I have no idea how it got in the sackpack, let alone in the goblet.

Molden

It was Great to see you both in our Shire again Iain!

LOL! That IS funny! Like you, I acknowledge that the "Faire Gods" do exact a "tax" for allowing us to play in the realm. Usually in the form of something lost/misplaced/forgotten. Sounds like this tyme they were feeling playful!  ;D Glad you were reunited with your treasures!

Also - LOVE your definition of "Had to". ;)
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Aderin

Wish I had been there! Hope you all had the best of times!
"There is always hope." - Aragorn

Life is the School, Love is the Lesson.