News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Booth prices @ King Richard's?

Started by groomporter, June 19, 2010, 09:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

Elsewhere someone was saying that a booth at King Richard's was for sale for $500,000. I replied that I could see maybe $50K based on what I know of the prices for large booths at MNRF. But he swears is sources are good. I find it pretty hard to believe, anyone familiar with the booth costs there?

I asked what the size of the booth was and what had been sold out of it, but haven't seen a reply since I just posted it this morning.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

dbaldock

Quote from: groomporter on June 19, 2010, 09:53:11 AM
Elsewhere someone was saying that a booth at King Richard's was for sale for $500,000. I replied that I could see maybe $50K based on what I know of the prices for large booths at MNRF. But he swears is sources are good. I find it pretty hard to believe, anyone familiar with the booth costs there?

I asked what the size of the booth was and what had been sold out of it, but haven't seen a reply since I just posted it this morning.

Sounds almost like what a whole faire would cost, if it's on leased land.  If they're selling property too, then a Ren Faire could be in the $Millions.
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

groomporter

That was part of the person's question. He couldn't believe a crafter would pay that much for a booth on land the fair doesn't own. But I explained that is the way most of the large fairs work, the crafters build or buy the permanent booths and pay for the upkeep.

-But $500K?? That's pretty unbelievable. The median average home price in MD is only $346K

dbaldock

Quote from: groomporter on June 19, 2010, 10:16:03 AM
That was part of the person's question. He couldn't believe a crafter would pay that much for a booth on land the fair doesn't own. But I explained that is the way most of the large fairs work, the crafters build or buy the permanent booths and pay for the upkeep.

-But $500K?? That's pretty unbelievable. The median average home price in MD is only $346K

I guess if it's a multi-unit Food Court "Booth", with the restaurant-grade appliances included, it could be $500K.
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Mikael

I'm pretty sure there is know way that can be right.  When the company i worked for there last year was looking to buy a booth it was a pretty good sized live in booth for 16K. 

groomporter

Yeah, I bounced it off a different group where someone thought permanent booths at big fairs go for upwards of $200K. I've been crafter at MNRF since 1995 and don't recall of anything over $40,000 at MNRF. There are a handful there that would go for more due to their size/location, but nothing that would sell for over $100K -especially in this economy.

It certainly is a really big investment to buy a booth at a "hard fair"* but there seems to be some exaggeration of the costs that is floating around out there.

*A "soft fair" is only tents and temporary structures

Capt Lucy

I have an idea... how about you just contact them and ask... can't hurt :)
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

rengypsy

I just sold a booth at king Richards for 12k
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with