News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

My Ren Boots...

Started by Beaudan Tocks, July 30, 2009, 01:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaudan Tocks

Lady_Lily: Thanks for the Kudos  ;D  I did not line them with anything other than a Gel insert in the bottom. The Buffalo leather is very soft and thick and Comfortable all on its own. I might have my next pair soled by my neighbor and just wear these as is and see how they hold up.

mariab4: Thank You for the kind words... I think I'm going to hand stitch the next pair with all of the right hand tools... I can't afford one of those machines as much as I'd like one.

See you all at the faire...  two weeks from today... HUZZAH!!!  WoW... I've still got a leather bodice to make for my wife... better get crackin'  ;)
"A chastity belt! That's going to chafe my willy!"

DragonWing

WOW!! I am very impressed. I to would like to know, did you use a pattern of free hand it. I want a pair that form to my feet. the pair I have now pinch my little toes and cause blisters. And I agree with an earlier post. You may have just found a new line of work. Nice job. On all your stuff.
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

jcbanner

I'm very impressed! those are some great looking mocs you have made. I'd definitely see about putting a sole on the next pair though, because if your faire site is anything like mine, gravel roads, and lots of rocks, then you'll definitely want something hard on the bottom of them, both to keep your feet from hurting, and to protect the bottom of the boots.

I have a pair of ghillie's that I made a few years ago. They are very comfortable, (like wearing a leather sock) I can wear them when I'm on smooth ground like grassy fields with no problem, but they aren't very good on the gravel at the faire site.