News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Not sure......

Started by violetdprey, May 23, 2008, 03:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

violetdprey

I'm the type of person that strives to be nice... even if someone has done something to hurt me. Most of the time I just avoid them when I can..... If I can't, I am very civil in public, and I try to avoid them in private.

Currently someone I thought I would never have to deal with EVER again is causing drama, drama that is hurtful and drama that is making me angry. And I hate to waste my time on such emotion. There are much better things to do.

This person is delusional and apparently a complete psycho. Several of my friends at CoRF will attest to this. This person also bad-mouths every one of my friends in the at CoRF.

Now this person has decided that it is ok to degrade me because they begrudge me. Which, normally I really wouldn't give a damn about.... but because of this, it is making it very difficult for me to obtain a job at festival this year. And for those that really know me, I love working at faire, and would hate to miss working just because of some idiot.

So, I need advice... I've been working faire's off and on for around 15 years, and would like to keep doing so.  I'm not sure at all what to do right now.... it's less than 4 weeks before CoRF.

Anyone have advice?

Mischief Snicklebritches

Just tell me who they are and I'll punch them ;D
Kidding of course...........mostly.

Um. Well my suggestion would be to talk to whoever is your supervisor and let them know what is going on before aforementioned poopyhead has a chance to bad mouth you to them. Im sorry but Im not sure who you are or where you work, but if you're on cast, I KNOW Betty will be more than willing to listen to you and will try her very hardest to be sympathetic. I dont know any of the other supervisors as well as Betty, but if they are human, they should at least be willing to listen to what you have to say.

Hope that helps. Keep us updated. :D
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

a_chromatic_sea

If you are working Merchant/Corporate/Food and Beverage/etc and are under Paul, just talk to him and let him know what's going on and that you still want to work CORF. Paul's pretty good at avoiding bovine poopie and getting past it as far as his employees go, so it's worth a shot.

Either way, talk to your supervisor or whoever it is that you're going to be working under or who's in charge of hiring you. It's better to try and see than not try at all!

violetdprey

I usually work for a private vendor, and not corporate.

violetdprey

Quote from: Lady Remi on May 24, 2008, 12:16:23 AM
Just tell me who they are and I'll punch them ;D
Kidding of course...........mostly.

Um. Well my suggestion would be to talk to whoever is your supervisor and let them know what is going on before aforementioned poopyhead has a chance to bad mouth you to them. Im sorry but Im not sure who you are or where you work, but if you're on cast, I KNOW Betty will be more than willing to listen to you and will try her very hardest to be sympathetic. I dont know any of the other supervisors as well as Betty, but if they are human, they should at least be willing to listen to what you have to say.

Hope that helps. Keep us updated. :D

Heh, thanks! Yeah, Betty has been pretty cool. Sadly, I haven't worked for corporate a single year I have been at CoRF.  I just hate stupid drama like this....

Blushing

Good luck!

I haven't found a faire yet that hasn't had some sort of drama ...

I would say that don't let what someone else is doign or daying keep you from enjoying ro doing something.  Surely there is a job at some booth where you won't have to deal with this person - and what is being said.  I know one of the jewelry botohs is still looking for help; and others usually post even through the first weekend.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~