News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Marx Bros. Animal House

Started by Taffy Saltwater, January 24, 2010, 09:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taffy Saltwater

just started on TCM.  Huzzah for Captain Spaulding!
Sveethot!

Noble Dreg

Animal Crackers?

Fav of all time...Duck Soup.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Blackbead

"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

LordEustace

Rob Zombie's Captain Spaulding is one of my favorite characters.
I'm partially Scottish, partially Irish, and there's a small amount of Native American somewhere in there...

Taffy Saltwater

Quote from: Noble Dreg on January 24, 2010, 06:20:01 PM
Animal Crackers?

Duh!  Was in a hurry to put the computer down & watch.

My favorite hat is my Captain Spaulding laced - front & back - top hat.  Who knew a hat could be so tailored and so sexy at the same time.
Sveethot!

will paisley

Animal Crackers?

Thanks - I had this weird vision of Harpo, Groucho and Chico running around a frat house wearing togas ...
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Finnian

Quote from: will paisley on January 25, 2010, 10:26:58 AM
Animal Crackers?

Thanks - I had this weird vision of Harpo, Groucho and Chico running around a frat house wearing togas ...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one!! Though...that may make a funny drawing now that it's in my mind...lol

Taffy Saltwater

What can I say?  I'm a product of my times.  I love the corkscrew dance he does during Captain Spaulding and did some sewing during the non-Marx parts. 
Sveethot!

Jack Daw at Work

The first time I ever saw this movie was in the mid-1970s on the big screen; NOT TV!  It was at the KZ Late Show, a 10pm showing at an old movie theatre in Corpus Christi, Texas.  Also, teens could see Litztomania (Roger Daltry) and the Rocky Horror Picutre Show at this venue. 
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

Finnian

I love that wear I live there's a theater that shows Rocky Horror at LEAST once a week, with a shadow cast. *swoon*