News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Weather predictions for opening day

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, June 08, 2010, 09:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We actually tipped better that day, since we felt sorry for the workers not having much business.  It also was kind of nice shopping, since the shops were not crowded, and again bought more.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Zoë

It's nice people like you that make those days a lot better.  :)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Norfolk

Quote from: Zoë on June 10, 2010, 04:11:33 PM
I've found it's only fun on rainy days at faire if you're not working it...because otherwise you're stuck behind a booth, no patrons, no money.  And you're usually cold because you're stuck in one place.  I much prefer the hot days.  Alas.

Good point, Zoe.  We empathize with all the vendors and foodies when business is so slack due to weather -- but not enough to keep us from enjoying those day immensely.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

It's going to be a COLD, WET, Rainy day tomorrow. IF when we get up at 5 - 6 and it is rainy... we will not be making opening day. I've been to faire when it rained and it was cold. it didn't rain all day but to me even as much as we enjoy faire, not being soaken wet and cold is not worth it.

Lets hope the weather is wrong and not mid to high 50's and rain all day along as they say.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Norfolk

Just call me "Your Grace"

PirateAsh

yay its here :D Weather not so good, looks like I wont be going in my costume, but thats okay. Better to be comfortable and enjoy it than freezing and miserable the whole day :)
Pirate Ash

Duchess Marguerite

So, although I mentioned in my last post how we've had fun at faire in the rain, and that we'd be attending rain or shine, things took a little turn by opening day.  We "wimped out"!  We had all of our noble gear ready to go and we were so psyched.  It rained like crazy all day Friday then Friday night poured so hard and loud that we could barely sleep.  We were so exhausted by 5am (the time we needed to start getting ready) and the rain was still coming down harder than ever with predicitons of no end in sight.  So we chose to sleep in, later make coffee & hot cocoa, watch movies, make brownies & popcorn, watch more movies, order pizza and stay warm, dry and content.  It was a good choice, although I started having "Ren Faire Withdrawal" by then end of the day and really needed my fix!!  So, we decided to attend on Sunday in pirate garb and although the first 3 hours were constant rain and even a little hail, eventually a spot of sun peaked out, the rain stopped and cheers could be heard throughout the shire!  We were muddy and wet and I barely took any photos, but we did have fun and were so glad we went!!!! We're just praying the rest of faire weekends warm up and dry up considerably!!! Off to cleaning muddy ren garb.......