News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

for my dad

Started by Celtic Lady, January 02, 2010, 05:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic Lady

mom called this morning and dad is getting worse. i still have my cold and don't want to be near him with it but morgan is insisting that i'm leaving this friday for home. i'm feeling that friday will be too late. i'm so torn inside right now. part of me believes that it won't make any difference if i go and see him with this cold and the other part says it's wrong because what if he starts to improve...

irish

Celtic Lady......please go as soon as you can...cold or not. If it will make you feel better, wear a face mask., but please if you begin that you should go, go! My thoughts and prayers, go with you!
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Baroness de Vale

Definitely go see him. Wear a mask and sanitize your hands and enjoy being with him. If it's what you feel you should do, it can't be wrong.

Pat McGroin

Please go see him because if you don't you will regret it. Just do like Baroness said, wear a mask.
Thoughts and Prayers are here for you and your family.
I'm the Carpenter aboard the Bayou Scoundrel,
The Keeper of FIREWATER!!!
I.F.R.P. #1447

RenRobin

Go...no doubts.  You and family are in my prayers.
Loki-terr (in training)

Celtic Lady

well i've got my tickets for friday and will be on a non-stop flight from des moines to detroit. i'm feeling a bit better but it's taking awhile to get better. talked with mom last night and told her i was coming. she said that the doctor feels optimistic about my dad improving. however, they did find he has another MRSA infection. in order to go into his room everyone has to wear gowns, gloves, booties, and i'm not sure about masks but i will be because of my cold and because my immune system isn't good due to MS.

wyckdblyss

You and your family are in my thoughts. I hope your visit goes well this weekend. Take care
Lots of love and hugs!
WyckdBlyss,
Royal Order of Lansharks Guppy No. 70

Celtic Lady

i saw my dad over the weekend. during this time everyone including him agreed to hospice for him. it was agreed that everything would be stopped except for oxygen and breathing treatments to make breathing easier/comfortable, blood pressure meds to prevent stroke, and pain meds to keep him comfortable. as of sunday he's not hooked up to any IV's so he's not getting fluids and he is not being fed. it's just a matter of time now. his vitals are stable but he is running a little temperature and he does have a little more congestion in his chest. they are not going to treat him... just let things run the course.

anyway, i appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers that you've all sent. thank you all so much.

Celtic Lady

thank you everyone for the prayers. today my dad finally found peace. he is forever in our hearts and memories.

lordwriothsley

I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers at this time.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Amy of York

Sending  you a  tons of hugs  right now  girlfriend, and  prayers  for  comfort  and  grief.  If  you need  to talk girlfriend,  ren mail  me.  Love you.  Hugs  !!!!!!!
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

irish

I am so glad, you were able to see your Dad, before he continued in his life's journey.
All of my prayers and heartfelt Sympathy, are with you and your family.
GOD bless and keep you.
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)