News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Our new pirate ship float.

Started by Sir. Kindle, July 08, 2011, 11:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir. Kindle

Hello everyone,

We walked in a local Fourth of July parade this past Monday and actually managed to complete our ship the night before the parade. We still plan to add more details, especially to the back, but it worked great in the parade. Enjoy!

Here is a link to more pictures of the ship. Here is a link that shows the different stages of the boat before it was completed: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lordgregor/sets/72157626664461273/detail/

Sir. Kindle

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Sir. Kindle

Thank you renfairephotog!

I just realized that the link in my original post was broken. It has now been fixed.

Sir. Kindle

Bob of the Lake

That is really cool--well crafted, Sir. Kindle! She looks almost seaworthy!
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Nighthawk

Excellent!! I love her! She's beautiful!

renfairephotog

Love the map as a sail. great advertising. Just liked your facebook page via my fn page.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Sir. Kindle

Thank you everyone!

It was a lot of fun putting together and it wouldn't have been possible, if I didn't have very talented friends and family. While it was my idea to make a ship like this, along with using the map as a sail/advertising, it was my brother who, with my help, built the base of the ship and came up with how it would all break down, so that it's portable. Without my close friend Tom (Dead-Eye Thomas in the other pictures), the detailing of the ship, along with the name on the back wouldn't have been possible. My brother also created the design for the map/sail, while Tom printed it onto the material it's on now.

I did actually help in all this (I also did all the rigging), but it never would've turned out this good without them.

As for being seaworthy, well, it's about as seaworthy as me last four ships, which is to say that it would probably sink more slowly then they did.  :P ;D

Thank you renfairephotog for liking our facebook page. We need all the likes we can get, to spread the word of our small business.

The local paper actually placed a nice big picture of us in their article about the parade...but then credited Pirate's Cove Mini-Golf as the business we represented.  ??? :'( :-[ We finally make it into the paper and we didn't even get a proper plug for our company...figures. :-\