News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Coming out of the woodwork

Started by jackrocks, May 15, 2013, 07:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackrocks

My friends know that I attend Faire, and that I dress up to go, but none of them share the fun (well...I've got one convert, hehe). Outside of the friends I've met here, I don't know any other "Rennies".
Last night, I was at my son's baseball practice. Because I can't sit still, I usually take a project to practices with me, and last night I was working on a tatter skirt.
I noticed a shadow in my peripheral vision.
Gradually, the shadow became larger.
I realized a man I did not know was standing next to me, silently watching me sew.
Finally, he cleared his throat,
"Um....excuse me.....can I just ask a question?"
"Sure."
"Are you possibly....I mean....is that a fairy skirt for Ren Faire? Are you going?"

I had to laugh. The unlikeliest of places! The Season is upon us folks! We're coming outta the woodwork, now.....

LadyFae

Lol! That happened to me once! I was in a crazy rush to make the gown in my avitar wearable for an event (I made the entire thing by hand in two days) so I brought it with while I was getting an oil change done. WAY more people than I ever thought possible came to talk to me about Fest!
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

jackrocks

I think what struck me so funny was that he was so shy...very reluctant to ask, but like he just couldn't help himself, he HAD to know, lol.

Turns out he will be working at the Faire I am vending at in a couple weeks, so now I know somebody there. :)

Well, sort of.  I don't recall his name, but I know which kid he belongs with at baseball, and that he will be sporting purple pants at Faire, lol.

Hoowil

I got spotted doing eyelets for my daughter's Irish dress while she was in class at her dance studio.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Aderin

What a wonderful story thank you for sharing. I hope someone near me will finally admit to going to fair and I can have a friend during off-season to vent to about fair not being upon us! :)
"There is always hope." - Aragorn

Life is the School, Love is the Lesson.

jackrocks

Quote from: LadyFae on May 15, 2013, 09:03:00 AM
Lol! That happened to me once! I was in a crazy rush to make the gown in my avitar wearable for an event (I made the entire thing by hand in two days) so I brought it with while I was getting an oil change done. WAY more people than I ever thought possible came to talk to me about Fest!

TWO DAYS? You made that dress in two days?? Holy cow!! Hats off to you, Madam!

My machines are all not in working mode, so Im working on my daughters tatter skirt by hand, and my hands are tired, and sore, I spent about two days so far on it..........and no where near as fancy as that dress you are in!