News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

some possibly sad news

Started by Lady Anne of Kent, August 28, 2008, 11:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Anne of Kent

Yall probably have no idea who I am, but I've been a member of the site for a while, and have been attending Scarby for as long as we've been stationed in Ft Worth. My husband is a marine and we could possibly be getting stationed in NC or SC by the end of the year. Now as excited as I am for a move, it means no more Scarby! :( I know NC has a few, but I can't find any in SC. Maybe the Georgia one is close :( I was all excited about leaving TX,(I'm a beach girl) until I realized that I would no longer be feasting upon the stuffed baked potatos and seeing our handsome King Henry. My heart might break :(

BLAKDUKE

Lady Anne:

Be not overly mired in the loss of Scarby.   You make no mention of where in NC or SC.  SC has no faire at the moment.  Whose to say that won't change in the future.  NC has a wonderous faire though a bit dusty upon occasion.   GARF may be a bit of a trip depending on where you are.  Tnrf is also a possibility.  Never overplay the negative, accentuate the positive.  You may not be right next to a faire that you can fall out of bed and attend, but you have several that are within striking distance.   Also upon long weekends and on vacation you can strike out for more distant lands, the shires of Florida, Alabama, The Gulf Coast.   So be of good cheer M'lady and I hope we will see you anon.

The BLAKDUKE
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

DonaCatalina

I'm not sure if we ever met at Scarby, but maybe you can make it back sometime as a vacation. But remember that where you're going is probably not as far from a good Faire as you might think.
Let us know how you're doing and if you get a chance to meet the Black Duke.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

lilaney

My SO is a jarhead and when he was stationed in NC, they went to TNRF and GARF and loved it.
You are indeed lucky, I love the beach!
(prior Navy)

enjoy your new home, and I bet Scarby will be on YouTube more and more as time passes.
Heck, they have the time VIII jumped into the mud puddle!!!