News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wreckreation Nation

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, January 29, 2009, 02:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Not sure any of you watch Wreckreation Nation on Tuesday nights, but this past Tuesday they had Bishop's castle on there. It was a nice piece of about 15 minutes. They talked to Jim Bishop through out... The funny thing was Dave Mordell got Jim started on Politics, which is something you DON'T won't to do as he will go over board.

If you've NOT been to Bishops Castle, It's a wonderful piece of art and love done by one man. If you ever come to Colorado for a Faire, you MUST take a side trip on a weekday to go to Rye, Colorado and visit Bishops Castle.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Moldy Forest

I went there when I was about twelve. The higher we got the more my mom got freaked out. Didn't seem the most stable of all castles but that could of just been my imagination (as well as my mom's).
Chik-fil-a is the best restaurant ever. The End.

blondekarma

There's a castle in CO?  Neat!

I read in the paper some guy in Basalt built a snow castle in his front yard.  Paper says:
Not just any castle, like the kind kids build in their backyards. This is snow castle supreme — 37 feet long, 16 feet high with three towers protruding higher, and 12 feet thick.

Think he'd be pissed if we pillaged it?
I do not fear death- I fear a life unlived.

Be Cause.  See Effect.

If anything matters, then everything matters.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: blondekarma on February 01, 2009, 09:01:28 AM
There's a castle in CO?  Neat!

You didn't know about Bishops Castle in Rye, CO? WOW you must GO!

It's easy to find and get to and is well worth the trip. Just be prepared for Jim Bishops Political ravings as once he gets started he WON'T Stop. He's a Bush hater, and a ANti-Government type and the signs all over the property will explain. He actually lets people rent it out for weddings and it's constantly being built by this one man. Why some spots seem unsafe, rest assured they are. Some are scary as all Heck as you climb this tiny little ladder up to the highest point and it moves from the winds. Up high .Pretty scary but Toki who is afraid of heights did it, and Myself who is afraid if falling (I can stand the heights just can stand feeling like I may fall) did it, and I did it with my camera in hand to boot.

Here is the official web site for all interested.

http://eagleriverpewter.com/bishop.html
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

CapnJack

I've always wanted to visit the place.  I've seen the website and I've seen tons of pictures from different people, but I neve have actually gotten around to going.  Seems like a wild place, and Jim seems like quite the interesting character.
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

blondekarma

Mr Bishop sounds ilke my kinda guy! hehehehe

I will definitely have to take a trip there sometime...  roadtrip anyone? ;)
I do not fear death- I fear a life unlived.

Be Cause.  See Effect.

If anything matters, then everything matters.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: blondekarma on February 05, 2009, 03:21:39 AM
Mr Bishop sounds ilke my kinda guy! hehehehe

I will definitely have to take a trip there sometime...  roadtrip anyone? ;)

Count Toki and I in, We can meet you in say Denver some weekend and carpool down. We have room for two others 1 if Blondie joins us.

Mayhaps this Spring?
"The Metal Maiden"