News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Only at Faire beverage combinations....

Started by DonaCatalina, February 05, 2012, 04:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

Has anyone tried Swill (cool blue/fruit punch/lemon lime gatorade) or Bilge Water (cool blue/orange/berry) with rum?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin

Quote from: DonaCatalina on February 05, 2012, 04:23:57 PM
Has anyone tried Swill (cool blue/fruit punch/lemon lime gatorade) or Bilge Water (cool blue/orange/berry) with rum?

I bet TEACH has
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Merlin the Elder

At what faire would one stumble into one of those drinks, or are they tailgate cocktails?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

Well, my only at faire favorite concoction is to mix mead with cider. Mhmmm.

Butch

At the Columbia, MO (Central MO Ren Faire) they sell a Pirate's Punch, that tastes like it may be your "Swill".  It's a dry faire, and I was designated driver, so no rum in it when I sampled it!

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on February 05, 2012, 04:59:22 PM
At what faire would one stumble into one of those drinks, or are they tailgate cocktails?

The gatorade combinations are available at Scarborough in the FOF booths. This is because the supply buyer buys in bulk and the mixed flavor boxes are less expensive. So they end up with an odd assortment of flavors at any one time. I'm told that the actual recipes for decent tasting combinations are closely guarded secrets.  ;)
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

RumbaRue

My best concoction is PeachTree Schnapps With cold apple juice or mango Gatorade. It's WONDERFUL!!!

Rumba
Being Blond means I have the right to walk into any wall.

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: DonaCatalina on February 06, 2012, 05:14:22 AM
Quote from: Merlin the Elder on February 05, 2012, 04:59:22 PM

The gatorade combinations are available at Scarborough in the FOF booths. This is because the supply buyer buys in bulk and the mixed flavor boxes are less expensive. So they end up with an odd assortment of flavors at any one time. I'm told that the actual recipes for decent tasting combinations are closely guarded secrets.  ;)

I guess I didn't realize that I was drinking Swill, or Bilge Water, but apparently, I have partaken on numerous occasions at Scarby!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

JCadden

Quote from: Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman on February 05, 2012, 07:42:31 PM
Well, my only at faire favorite concoction is to mix mead with cider. Mhmmm.

That sounds like a great idea.  I see a stop at a liquor store in my future.
Jason Cadden
Renaissance Outfitters
*Images and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

Gwen aka Punstergal

My faire beverage of choice is cider with a hefty dollop of raspberry liqueur.. when I can get it.

Back in the day, I was the champion of boom-boom juice (that's half Aftershock and half Avalanche).. it looked so pretty swirling around in my magic glass potion bottle-- and tasted like Robitussin!! The sacrifices a fae will make to look the part, huh?
"Hell hath no fury like an enraged Gryphon Master"

DonaCatalina

Whaler's Rum Original Dark with cranberry juice.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Rowan MacD

No booze at faire for me, it's too hot and I had a bad experience with mead a few years back.
   However,  I love our faires' version of Pirate punch-Orange juice+Red Hawaiian punch+a splash of ruby red grapefruit juice.  $2.00 price for 20 oz- 1/2 price refills if you bring the Styrofoam cup back  (which fills the 12 oz. tankard about twice).

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

DonaCatalina

I wonder if Brandy and Cherry G would mix?
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess