News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hotel suugestions in Oswego needed

Started by Lady Amy of York, August 13, 2009, 04:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amy of York

Hi guys.
   My husband  and  son, plan on staying  in a hotel in Oswego  while  i am in the hospital  having my surgery  done, and  recovering afterward.  beter  then having  to worry about  them  driving  2 hours  back  and  forth  every  day,  especially  late  at  night.  Plus i  will be  staying  with  them  one of  the  nights  cause they  want  me at  the hospital  at  5 am  the  day  of  my surgery,  so  we  will  drive  up  the  day  before.

So  does  anyone  have  any  suggestions,   for  a decent,  clean,  smoke  free , hotel.   No bed bugs, etc.

I  went on  trip advisor  and  they suggested  either  the  Econo lodge  or    the  Best Western, but i  would  like  to here  some of  the  local  people  who  know  the  area  opinions.

Thankyou  !
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

raevyncait

When I went with my friend who lives in Wyoming NY to Sterling, we stayed at the Econolodge Riverfront (http://www.econolodge.com/hotel-oswego-new_york-NY613?promo=ylocal) and it was one of the better places I've stayed in the course of my faire trips.  It was clean, comfortable, the staff was helpful. It was relatively easy to get in and out of the parking lot. My friend who goes to Sterling regularly usually stays there.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

CNYAlchemist

I just stayed at the Econolodge last weekend for the faire.  It was very nice, clean and quiet.  Just don't order the pizza from the restaurant downstairs.  It was ROUGH!

robert of armstrong

We stayed at the Econo as well.  There was a wedding, so most of the rooms were booked.  Well, darn, didn't we get bumped up to a King Suite, almost like a one bedroom apartment on the the lower level, facing the river, because that's all that was left.

Note, when checking in, ask if the clerk has any suites that are empty, and tell him you are willing to take one to free up his regular rooms, if he wants.  You just might get a free upgrade for doing him this "favor"
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

IndeanaSunday

I vote for the Econo too. When is your surgery? I know that most if not all the hotels in the city are booked on the weekend of 10/16 because of it being Parent's Weekend at the college.

Lady Amy of York

Oops i should have updated this thread sooner ! :)

My surgery was last month. We ended up staying at the Econo. We would  deffinitely stay there again.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling