News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PROFESSOR!

Started by Norfolk, January 12, 2010, 10:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norfolk

The Baroness and I invite all of you to join us in wishing Professor Loquatious a most joyous natal day!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Adriana Rose

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Demetrius

Happy Birthday!!!  May your account always be "active!"
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Radu the Gypsy

Hey, congrats on making it this far!  Oh, and Happy Birthday too!

holierthanthou

Many Happy returns my dear friend!  May you never be a man of too few words. ;)
There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish a small candle.

Radu the Gypsy

Unlikely, but it's why we love him.

Quote from: holierthanthou on January 12, 2010, 04:20:08 PM
Many Happy returns my dear friend!  May you never be a man of too few words. ;)

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

1519 Holy Roman Emperor Maximilian I died.

1773 The first public museum in America was established, in Charleston, S.C.

1932 Hattie W. Caraway, a Democrat from Arkansas, became the first woman elected to the U.S. Senate. (She had been appointed two months earlier to fill the vacancy caused by her husband's death.)

1945 Soviet forces began a huge offensive against the Germans in Eastern Europe during World War II.

1948 The Supreme Court ruled that states could not discriminate against law-school applicants because of race.

1959 Berry Gordy Jr. founded Motown Records (originally Tamla Records) in Detroit.

1969 Led Zeppelin's self-titled first album was released.

1969 The New York Jets defeated the Baltimore Colts 16-7 in Super Bowl III at the Orange Bowl in Miami.

1971 The sitcom "All in the Family" premiered on CBS.

1976 Mystery writer Agatha Christie died at age 85.

1991 A deeply divided Congress gave President George H.W. Bush the authority to use force to expel Iraq from Kuwait. (The Senate vote was 52-47; the House followed suit 250-183.)

1998 Nineteen European nations signed a treaty in Paris opposing human cloning.

1998 Linda Tripp provided Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr's office with taped conversations between herself and former White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

1999 The baseball that Mark McGwire hit for his record-setting 70th home run of the 1998 season was sold at auction in New York for $3 million to an anonymous bidder.

2000 The Supreme Court, in a 5-4 ruling, gave police broad authority to stop and question people who run at the sight of an officer.

2003 Singer Maurice Gibb of the Bee Gees died at age 53.

2005 Britain's Prince Harry apologized after a newspaper published a photograph of the young royal wearing a Nazi uniform to a costume party.

2006 Mehmet Ali Agca, the Turkish gunman who'd shot Pope John Paul II in 1981, was released from an Istanbul prison after serving more than 25 years in Italy and Turkey for the plot against the pontiff and the slaying of a Turkish journalist.

2006 A stampede broke out during the Islamic hajj pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia, killing 363 people.

Happy Birthday Professor
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

The Professor

Thank you all very much for the kind words and the loving thoughts behind them.  As I've told people who ask about my commitment to the Faire and the people there, I have never met a larger, nicer group of people.  You are all so very special to me in ways uniquely your own. 

I hope I can show in some tangible way the esteem and affection I hold for you all here and those who come to visit us, in my conduct and what other things I can do to manifest that regard.

With my best,

Rob
"People?  YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THERE'D BE PEOPLE!"

Hey- Arent You?

Nothin but Love for ya, Rob.......!!!!!
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Avan

Happy Birthday good Sir.  May your tongue never tire.