News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Turkey Legs - Inflation?

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, May 30, 2009, 07:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Becky10

Quote... I always envisioned them HOPPING ...

I think it would be more of a roll....  ;D

I haven't had a turkey leg since my first faire ( when i found out i was allergic to them :o) but I think it was also $7 out here and $8 last year when i got my mom one, i may be wrong. I usually get fish and chips or a sheppards pie as its slightly less messy to eat, and always, always sin on a stick for dessert!
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Gauwyn of Bracknell

yes, the Baron has elevated our status (actually M'Lady Addilay had her status elevated - I had to either move up or become and chamberlain to her)  ;D

We will be in KC for Columbus Day weekend for sure.  We will also try to make DM this years.

How about making a progress to Minnesota for Labor day weekend?  the Baron and Baroness are meeting us there.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

We'll see about MN RenFest on Labor Day weekend.  We will be there opening day (21 Aug?).  Maybe we'll be back 2 wks later.  Are you and your entourage gonna be there all 3 days of that weekend?

Steev

Last year we had a beer jump from $5 to $6 at MDRF.  Makes me more inclined to shift "home" to VARF. 

Turkey legs SHOULD be decreasing in price- with the big jump in year-round consumption of turkey as a substitute for red meat, turkeys are being bred like crazy.  And the legs, which are not easily processed due to all the tendons, are practically a by-product.  I can only surmise that the powers that be are adjusting cost to see what the market will bear.
Born too late.  But not too late for faires.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Butch on April 06, 2010, 01:42:20 PM
We'll see about MN RenFest on Labor Day weekend.  We will be there opening day (21 Aug?).  Maybe we'll be back 2 wks later.  Are you and your entourage gonna be there all 3 days of that weekend?

We will be there all 3 days - we are staying at the Best Western in Chaska.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell