News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New - Roman movie "The Eagle"

Started by Lord Clisto of York, November 29, 2010, 02:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Clisto of York

This movie "The Eagle" also looks to be a really good Roman movie. It is due out this February 25th. Looks to be a good year for period flicks.

Storyline

In 140 AD, twenty years after the unexplained disappearance of the entire Ninth Legion in the mountains of Scotland, young centurion Marcus Aquila (Tatum) arrives from Rome to solve the mystery and restore the reputation of his father, the commander of the Ninth. Accompanied only by his British slave Esca (Bell), Marcus sets out across Hadrian's Wall into the uncharted highlands of Caledonia - to confront its savage tribes, make peace with his father's memory, and retrieve the lost legion's golden emblem, the Eagle of the Ninth.

Link to trailer here - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034389/

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Bob of the Lake

Thanks for this tip too, Lord Clisto. You are a veritable fount of information on upcoming period movies!  :D
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Lord Clisto of York

Just wish there were more of them. But I have to say there are more recently over the past 5 years then there has been in a long time. People are starting to like the older times. LOL...

Lord Clisto of York

Yes indeed. I have been waiting to see what the hell they are doing with Ironclad for some time. Out of all of them that is the one I have been wanting to see the most. Thanks for posting all of them. Brother. I just hope most do hit the big screen. Its like the comedy ren faire one "All's Faire in Love". It hit only a few places in the US then the film festival, but not a regular screen or DVD.

Lord Clisto

chainshot

Another one that recently came out was the "Centurion".  It takes place in Britain, A.D. 117, where Quintus Dias, the sole survivor of a Pictish raid on a Roman frontier fort, marches north with General Virilus' legendary Ninth Legion, under orders to wipe the Picts from the face of the Earth and destroy their leader

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zba6lg1Z9Y

Bob of the Lake

Quote from: Warrior Monk on November 30, 2010, 02:57:12 PM
Additional options:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/686963/the_historical_epics_set_to_besiege_your_cinema.html

Thanks for the link, Warrior Monk--some interesting looking films there. I can't wait to see "Gladiators vs. Werewolves"... LOL
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Lord Clisto of York

Hey, can't be any different than Vikings VS Aliens in Pathfinder in 2008 with Karl Urban.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: Lord Clisto of York on December 01, 2010, 11:37:51 AM
Hey, can't be any different than Vikings VS Aliens in Pathfinder in 2008 with Karl Urban.

Pathfinder was Viking vs Vikings if I remember correctly. You're thinking about "Outlander" with James Caviezel
(of Passion of the Christ fame).......

Mairte

chainshot...I borrowed Centurion last week from my daughter from havent watched it yet.
"The Eagle" does sound like it is one to watch for...

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: chainshot on November 30, 2010, 08:09:54 PM
Another one that recently came out was the "Centurion".  It takes place in Britain, A.D. 117, where Quintus Dias, the sole survivor of a Pictish raid on a Roman frontier fort, marches north with General Virilus' legendary Ninth Legion, under orders to wipe the Picts from the face of the Earth and destroy their leader

I watched this today. It has the bloody visuals of 300 and Pathfinder, with the flavor of the WWII movie: Cross of Iron- especially when they get to Hadrian's wall.

On a 1-10 scale, I give it a 5 or a 6 if I'm in a real special mood. ;D

Lord Clisto of York

Quote from: Warrior Monk on December 01, 2010, 02:24:14 PM
Quote from: Lord Clisto of York on December 01, 2010, 11:37:51 AM

Pathfinder was Viking vs Vikings if I remember correctly. You're thinking about "Outlander" with James Caviezel
(of Passion of the Christ fame).......

Oh, that's right... I got them mixed up. pathfinder was he was left on the island or whatever when he was a little boy and the Vikings returned and he took the side of the natives. Too damn many to remember. Thanks Warrior Monk.