News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New TRF website

Started by mpullen, April 18, 2015, 02:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpullen

The site has totally been reworked. Very dynamic.

PollyPoPo

I have broadband via satellite (no high speed within 20 miles, not even Time Warner old cable system).

Unfortunately, with the added "dynamics" it took about 5 minutes before the front page loaded, with the slide show and music; after that at least 30-60 seconds for each page to load after clicking on an option. 

Not exactly a friendly website for anybody not living in a high speed area. 

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Terre Albert

We launched the site knowing we have a few bugs to work out.  Mainly because we want it to work before the Sale got here.  If you have slow internet speed the new site will be a challenge because it is more interactive.  After you load it the first time it moves faster when you return.  If you are looking for ticket pricing it is not available yet.  If you are looking for Mask Ball information, it is not available yet.  It's not the sites fault it just to early to announce.   

PollyPoPo

;D ;D  Every time there is an update or improvement to any website, I get left a little further behind.  Comes from living outside of a big metro area.

I figured it would be a while before all the pages and links get updated.  I'll take a look again in a week or so and report anything that doesn't link or odd stuff that happens.  Sometimes the owner/programmers miss some little something.  Don't know why - there are only several hundred links, updates, and then someone has to proofread everything again...  :o
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Terre Albert

What we are going to do to help people get right to the ticket site is post a direct link.  That way you won't have to go thru the TRF page.  Should make things fast.  I feel your pain.  I live in Magnolia and I have the slowest speed of all my friends.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

I'd take the slow speed just to get away from all the fools... ;)
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

AngieT

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Sweet, Terre!  I love the map... ;)

Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KeeperoftheBar

Now I understand what all of the excitement is about.  The new site is great.  I had TRF in my favorites section and whenever I tried to pull it up, all I got was the TRF logo.  Then the page seemingly froze.  So I removed it from my favorites, did a web search for the TRF Site.  Lo and behold the new page came up in all its glory.  Then I saved it back to my favorites.

Good job, Terre.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen