News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Weekend Themes?

Started by sealion, July 17, 2008, 09:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sealion

I've searched the Bristol website for info on weekend themes but can't find anything. Have I simply overlooked that information or does Bristol not do weekend themes? (Kinda hoping for a theme to help me narrow down the choices of which outfits to pack. lol)
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

wildthingjew

i would say no, there are not themed weekends i know there is one weekend when the red hat ladies come to bristol but that is about it this year,
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

Escarlata

I'd agree with WTJ, there aren't real themes from what I can find, just certain weekends where different groups will be welcomed. Those are all listed on their Special Events page which you may have already seen.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

sealion

So they don't do like a Celtic weekend, pirate weekend, etc. like MIRF?

Dayna

Nope, Bristol doesn't do themed weekends. 
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Baroness Doune

Definitely bring the gown in your icon.  Be prepared to be stopped frequently for photo ops.  People will whisper "beautiful" as they pass by you.

One would think that with all the people dressed in beautiful period costumes as part of the royal court, that patrons would become immune to yet another beautiful period costume.  I don't find that to be the case.  If anything, the eye of the patron at Bristol is more acute.  Those dressed in mundanes recognize a good period costume as well as those who also dressed in period attire.

When are you going to Bristol?

sealion

That is the debate Baroness. Bristol's reputation as the place to see beautiful garb makes me want to wear my best but the fact that it will most likely be hotter than hell when we visit (Aug 2-3) makes me want to just walk around in my "pirate garb" undies! (black bloomers, hip length chemise, and skull and crossbones corset) LOL

Vartha

Well Even tho there are no SET themed weekends. there are groups of long time Rennies that DO have there own Themed weekends.
  Sir Clisto on these boards is one of the memebers of those groups. He's been going to Bristol since the 70's when it was King Richard's faire.