News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

My Sierra has gone

Started by PrincessSara, June 23, 2008, 01:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessSara

My cat, Sierra, has been having some serious health problems.  A month ago her kidneys stopped functioning and she went quickly downhill from there.  Yesterday and last night she seemed particularly sick, so we decided to have her euthanized.  When the infections showed up in her eyes and mouth again, we knew it was her time.

So my baby Sierra passed away this morning.  She was nearly 16 years old.  I had to be sedated afterwards because I was so upset, so I may not be entirely coherent, but I need the support.  She was the best of cats.  She's been with me since I was four years old.  She was the one who kept the feline level of the house running.  A huge part of my house is missing now.

CatAshtrophy

I'm so sorry about Sierra. It's always so hard to loose a loved pet. *hugs*

anne of oaktower

Oh, dear.  I am ever so sorry to hear this sad news.  I know how difficult this is on you and my heart goes out to you at this moment.  I know that when the time comes for my kitty to leave this earthly realm, I too will need to be sedated.  I completely understand a love that deep for our furry friends...it just goes beyond explaining. 

Please consider yourself hugged   :'(
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

lady serena

Im sorry to hear that your beloved pet passed away, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

:'( BIG BIG HUGS ! I'm so sorry, thoughts and prayers for you. :'(
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Amyj

PrincessSara, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  I've recently been through the same thing.  You may have seen this already, but it's a poem that really helped me...  I'll send hugs and comfort your way!

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 
Author unknown...
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

irish

I am so sad to read of Sierra's passing. It is never easy to make that choice, but sometimes we have to do what is best for our Lil' buddies. I went through that a year ago with my cat. He was 18 and was just loosing steam fast towards the end. I swear he should of worn a tee shirt, with rolled up sleeves and one of those old fashion derby's you see cartoon characters wear! He had such a way about him....that you knew he ran the house! When I made the choice to let him go, it was also hard for me.
I am sending you lots of hugs!
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

LadyOren

My heart goes out to you.  I too recently lost a long time cat friend.  Remember the special times together and she will live on forever in your heart.
Peace and Blessings
Lady Oren
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman