News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

FOF Complimentary Tickets

Started by raevyncait, April 07, 2009, 10:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raevyncait

OK, I may be stirring up a hornets nest here, but it seems I recall my comp tickets from year before last when I had a FOF pass had something on them that stated they were complimentary and couldn't be offered for sale/resale, however in my trolling of Ebay, there is a pair that is being offered for $29.99. I say that they are the FOF comps because the auction lists specifically the first 2 weekends as the dates valid.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SCARBOROUGH-Renaissance-Festival-2-Tkts-April-5-11-12_W0QQitemZ280330442506QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Gift_Certificates?hash=item280330442506&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

captmarga

You are correct - they cannot be offered for resale.  Report to ebay?  Or to Faire and let them do so?

Capt Marga

Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

DonaCatalina

It was also my understanding that the comp tickets were not for resale. Maybe someone 'official' can answer that.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

VIII

Not to mention that he is using my picture to sell them!
I have already notified the Scarborough office.
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

captmarga

The auction is still up, though.  Hope it gets taken down. 

Capt. Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

raevyncait

It must have, because it shows ended, but that's all it says, nothing about the final price or the winner or anything else that a completed listing usually shows.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist