News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Old Virginia Renaissance Faire Photos

Started by Dinobabe, March 12, 2009, 09:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinobabe

On the http://www.freewebs.com/blackthorn1/apps/links/ site there is a link to a photography site,  http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/virginia_renaissance_faire.htm
All kinds of great photos!
They have a section on the old Virginia Renaissance Faire.  It was a beautiful faire, it's very sad now.  Even though the buildings are falling down you can still see how great they must have been.  My grandma built a very nice shop there when they opened the faire.  She also lost a lot of money when they closed.
Does anyone have pics of when the faire was open?
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

brier patch charlie

I wish I had the money to buy it, I don't think I would try to reopne it but would live to fix up some of the buildings and live there maybe even trun it into a B&B.
Charles Coleman

Dinobabe

Quote from: brier patch charlie on March 14, 2009, 04:28:38 AM
I wish I had the money to buy it, I don't think I would try to reopne it but would live to fix up some of the buildings and live there maybe even trun it into a B&B.

That would be so cool!  Do something like Matt Roloff from Little People, Big World did with his property!  :D
OH!  Make into an apartment complex!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

QuietButFriendly

I would love to see what this place looked like when it was open.  Does anyone have any photos out there?

Dinobabe

Quote from: QuietButFriendly on March 15, 2009, 05:23:35 PM
I would love to see what this place looked like when it was open.  Does anyone have any photos out there?

I only went one year, and neglected to take pictures ::) , so I was hoping for the same.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

dragonslayer808

These photos remind me of the show " the world after people".  How the Earth reclaims itself after man abandons it.

dragonslayer808

Can't find the link now, but there was a similar happening to a place in the Ozarks called " Dog Patch USA ". Abandoned in the 90's, nature is (and not so slowly) reclaiming it.

dragonslayer808

We were there the summer before it closed.  That was in the early 90's then about a year ago I found that link and was supprised by the state it had declined into.  Also somewhere in that link was place that was trying to do a year round renfest but went belly up leaving a lot of people hung out to dry.