News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Minnesota Ren Faire 09

Started by Radu the Gypsy, June 22, 2009, 03:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I guess the one thing that would hold Toki and I back would be Lodging... i.e. a comfy place to sleep and shower
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Radu the Gypsy

Arighty, all those who've an interest in going, please send me a message with details such as:

Which weekend would work for you
Travel limitations (When would you be available to leave, when would you have to be back, etc)
Would you be going as a playtron, or looking for a performer pass
Financial Limitations (For Hotel rooms, gas, vehicle Rental if necessary and such)
anything else you consider important to the trip

Also please include your email address and I'll for an email list for this.

Radu the Gypsy

I do need to start planning this soon, so as to give certain people in Minnesota a heads up.  Please let me know who is up for the trip, which weekend works best, and other details you consider important.

Julianne

ooooh!  I hope you all decide to go Labour Day Weekend!
It'd be grand to have a "Western Contingency" there at MNRF!

I can't say enough about this faire and it's folk.  Whatever weekend you decide to go you'll have a wonderful time.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Julianne on July 01, 2009, 07:12:15 AM
ooooh!  I hope you all decide to go Labour Day Weekend!
It'd be grand to have a "Western Contingency" there at MNRF!

I can't say enough about this faire and it's folk.  Whatever weekend you decide to go you'll have a wonderful time.

Well Toki and I are really trying to figure out if we can or not. Seems work has been light for the both of us and paying for lodging is the hard part... as it would cost the most. But we shall see and hope we can make it.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Mischief Snicklebritches

I'd have to know where we were staying and such. I suppose we could just deal with that on our own. But either of those weekends would be good for us. We would have to ride with someone as our car is old and rickety and probably wouldn't make it. What do you suppose would be a rough estimate on getting there and back (gasoline) and price of lodgings? I can figure out food and such for the festival day. Plus a performers pass would be lovely. :D
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

Radu the Gypsy

Well, there is talk of flying at this point, as its theoretically faster, though more expensive.

Flying:
Tickets currently running around $170
Factor in cost of Vehicle Rental
Hotels as cheap as $48 a night (Broken up between whoever uses the room)

Driving
880 Miles, I figure total cost of gas for one car would be around $300 round trip
Again, hotel cost
Possibly car rental cost if we get enough people and want to rent a van or minibus (which might change gas cost, I dont know)

Zoë

The cost of an airplane ticket might be a bit of a crap-shoot though, as the prices tend to fluctuate so much and generally get higher the closer you get to departure date.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Radu the Gypsy

Well, yes.  If we fly, I'll be getting my ticket in the next few days.  Hence the reason I posted this so early.  I've found leaving things to the last moment are usually a recipe for disaster.