News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

How to peace tie a hand weapon.

Started by mrfahrenheit, November 21, 2009, 12:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrfahrenheit

I lost four of my fingers some time back and recently purchased a weapon at the Texas Ren Fest that when worn looks kind of like Freddy Krugers fingers.  I want to be able to peace tie it and wear it this weekend at renfest.  I've read alot and being able to not draw that weapon seems to be a big thing.  How can I peace tie this weapon and still wear it instead of having it tied to my belt?

Hoowil

Some faires insist on weapons being securely attatched to a sheath, not necassarily attatched to the belt. Contact the faires you want to attend. They may want each blade to be covered, which would require a sheath for each blade. With any unusaul weapon, it is always best to contact the faire ahead of time, so as to avoid any confusion/hassle at the gate.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Butch

Maybe make some individual leather sheathes for the finger blades?  Or, maybe that rubberized tool handle dip could be used, especially if you used a grey color.  It would still look like steel blades, but the edges would be totally encased in vinyl.  After you are done with the peace tying, you could peel the vinyl coating off.

Wax may serve the same purpose.

VIII

Quote from: Butch on November 24, 2009, 11:35:55 PMMaybe make some individual leather sheathes for the finger blades?

At Scarborough, they let patrons carry pikes and halberds, but they must have a "sheath" covering the blade.
Perhaps, as Butch suggests, a leather "glove" over the blades that can be removed as needed.

Now THAT sounds like a cool idea that I would be willing to steal, myself!
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

tiberiusflynn

Generally, as long as there isn't a live blade out and about, you should be okay...thats the main point, forgive the pun...