News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mead @ Bristol - Help Please!

Started by William_MacKean, January 11, 2010, 08:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

William_MacKean

Greetings,

My name is Kyle.  I am a rep for the J. Bird Wines in MN.  We are the guys who make the mead for MN RenFest.  Several Bristol attendees have requested that we get our mead into your show.  We want to!

If anyone has any contact information for the decision-makers of that show, please contact me ASAP.  We need to get it moving if we want to have the time to work out logistics and licensing.

Thank you!

Lady Renee Buchanan

There is an internet site      www.bristolboard.com  which has a lot of the performers on it.  Perhaps if you posted there, someone could direct you to whomever you need to speak with.

And as Bristol is our home faire, I am sorry to say that the mead they sell there now is awful.  Horrid.  Disgusting.  So we never buy any.  We would love it if your mead could be served at Bristol.  We've been to MN and enjoyed it there.  Good luck.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

William_MacKean

What does Bristol charge for a glass of their mead?  And what size is it?  MN is $6 for 9 oz.

Dayna

I believe it goes for $5 for a 6 oz pour.  And it's AWFUL!!!!!!

My advice would be to go to the Bristol website and send in a question.  It may take a while, but it should be routed to the correct individual.

http://www.renfair.com/bristol/interactive/feedback.php

I'm going to be a Bristol myself at the end of the month, starting up the planning for 2010, and will do my best to remember to ask around for a direct contact.
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Margrett

I believe your mead line, however it is handled, would fall under the merchant contact at Bristol:

"If you are interested in becoming a merchant at the Bristol Renaissance Faire, contact Julia Romanski, Marketplace Director, by telephone at (847) 395-7773, ext. 228, or via e-mail at romanski@recfair.com to request an application, engage in general Q&A or otherwise discuss presenting your product line in our Marketplace."

And I hope you can get it in at Bristol--Bristol has some awful commercial mead apparently made by a beer company, not by true mead lovers such as yourself. I worked in the beer booths at MN for three seasons, and loved buying your mead on a regular basis (I'm not a beer drinker). I adore good mead, and Bristol's mead truly tastes like bad beer, with no sweetness or honey flavor.

Kerri-Ellen

William_MacKean

They must be asleep over there.  No response to my board forum request OR my email to the Marketplace Director.

Margrett

If you mean the Bristol Board, that is independent of the Faire and has no official connection to it. The Faire itself doesn't have any forums.

You could also try leaving a phone message for Julia.

Kerri-Ellen

Dayna

Got this reply from Betsy, if She doesn't know, No one does!

He would have to talk to Linda McFeters - he can call and leave a message on 847-212-7066. But the mead we sell is made in WI - that is why we have it - he is really gonna have to deal for her to sell his mead...

Hope this helps.  Kerri-Ellen is right, the stuff they sell at Bristol SUCKS!!!!
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench

Dayna

"oops wrong number - he should call 847-395-7773  the other is my cell"
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench

Goody

I will just add my 2 cents in here: The mead at Bristol is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!! however J Birds is the absolute BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Bristol really should consider serving it. Seems they would make a lot more $$ on something people have to have!

William_MacKean

Sounds like we would benefit from a letter-writing campaign!

Who is willing to tackle this?

wildthingjew

i am local, and i am in, i love mead but theirs does suck, they would have to let everyone know that this is new mead and not the crap they have sold in the past. le me know and i will for sure send something.
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

Vartha

there may not be to many people there this time of the year.
   I know power's off to most of the site except the office and pumphouse. There USED to be someone there all year around at the office.

Lord Magnus

I agree, the mead served at Bristol is some of the worst ever. Sometimes it even has a funky scent to it as well... I hope you can get it and get this issue fixed..
"What God abandoned, these defended,
  And saved the sum of things for pay".

Harlas

I was wondering if there was any new news on this?  I tried the mead at Bristol last year--it was soo bad--I thought I was being Punked.

Since I have not had much experience with mead--it is at least good to know that what is at Bristol is not as good as other brands.