News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

spring is coming

Started by Lady Christina de Pond, January 14, 2010, 09:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric the Ugly

Quote from: fairieimp on March 18, 2010, 09:24:55 PMthanks for the lead. :) i've looked today, and unfortunately most of those are out of my price range; however, if i save up, i might be able to get one for next year (there are *several* that i really like).
i bid on a pretty nice 2 piece couture set that apparently doesn't have a reserve on ebay, so maybe i'll get it. i'm not sure how it'll fit it with my garb though... i may have to by a new chemise (luckily those aren't anywhere near as expensive as a bodice). we'll see how it goes.

No problem. But, yeah, Etsy is much like eBay or thrift store shopping: it's worth it to check back every few days if you're looking for something in particular and/or a good deal.

No interest in a Moresca bodice or one from Royal Family Clothiers?

The Scotsquatch

Siege The Day will of course be there!  Look for me and my employee Crystal near the Maze in our new Underhill tent...its forest green, burgundy, and yellow...and if you are too distracted to notice it, you'll probably notice the marshmallow beening you off the forehead as you walk by...lol!  My beautiful wife Patti will also be there as Mother Goose, so look for her as you first walk in!

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

Jaythebarbarian

To my knowledge, GARF has never offered season passes.  It certianly hasn't since my family and I started working/playing there (early '90's).

I probably won't be there for opening weekend, but definitely should be for the second half of the season or so.
"Barbarisms are but civilizations that are not one's own." -John Norman

Tammy

I can't wait for GARF! I'll be going at least twice this year, both times in May.
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Lady Christina de Pond

uhhhh i nearly forgot catapult practice duhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!
must get marshellows and work on aiming at hot guys dressed in garb
thanks for reminding me scotsquatch
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

susannah

LOVE Seige the Day!! It's hard to miss those flying marshmallows....so much fun!! I love people's faces when they get hit but have no idea what just hit them or where it came from!! And Scotsquatch...you always have the most delightful smile on your face! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

fairieimp

Quote from: Eric the Ugly on March 19, 2010, 09:49:08 PM

No problem. But, yeah, Etsy is much like eBay or thrift store shopping: it's worth it to check back every few days if you're looking for something in particular and/or a good deal.

No interest in a Moresca bodice or one from Royal Family Clothiers?

I've looked at Moresca's prices online, and they're still out of my range (although there are SEVERAL that i really would enjoy having). :/ I looked at Royal Family last year, and I didn't quite like their styles, although I *do* love their chemises (i own two of them and will be getting two more this year :) ).
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)

The Scotsquatch

Quote from: susannah on March 21, 2010, 08:57:36 PM
LOVE Seige the Day!! It's hard to miss those flying marshmallows....so much fun!! I love people's faces when they get hit but have no idea what just hit them or where it came from!! And Scotsquatch...you always have the most delightful smile on your face! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Thanks!  We love what we do and do what we love...what's not to smile about?

Kev

Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

CapnFayeCutler

Nothing like hearing "Marshmallow Attack!" and you walking by w/mouth open expecting a mini marshmallow and getting pelted by a PEEP! :P

I love my little catapult! I use it on my little brother! :D
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Lady Christina de Pond

i haven't tried it yet but i think mine could launch an m&m too
Lady Ashley of De Coals

CapnFayeCutler

Oh it can! Just be careful because those can put an eye out!
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575

Lady Christina de Pond

faye have you been putting eyes out with m&m's and your catapult?
Lady Ashley of De Coals

amy

We just found out that my daugher has to compete in the State High School Culinary Arts competition on the 17th!  The event has been moved twice and wouldn't you know it falls now on the one weekend we plan to travel, and already have reservations... So... We don't want to waste the opportunity or the hotel room so we will be blowing through like a hurricane trying to see every inch of the faire in one day, Sunday the 18th.   Please be sure to say hello and push us in the direction of all the great sights!  Also make sure you drag us along to the best spots for pub sing etc! 

Lady Catherine

amy!!! the frenchies from  our faire( origionally Fishers) will be there  that weekend! look for them in green!

I will be there the next saturday... ill miss you!  :(               anyone else from TN????

I will be at TNRF in noble garb on may 2nd!
2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!

CapnFayeCutler

I may try to make it this year. Found out it's in the same town as my mom's high school best friend. So it's not like I wouldn't have anywhere to stay lol!

And no, no eyes have been put out by m&m's being catapulted but it's come close. >.<;
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575